Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Dont agree with this, players have access to the best healthcare and have more care/attention than the vast majority in the world. 

It's hard to sympathise tbh. I'm thinking he's not hangng on a phone for nearly an hour at 7-8 in the morning hoping his surgery will pick up and even if they do preying they can provide a "telephone" appointment. Then if he needs a physical examination waiting up to 8 eight hours for somebody to come out and deal with him and god forbid he needs a trip to A&E...

I agree with his general sentiment, something needs to be done and the authorities are only looking after their own self interests but he needs to frame it differently. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why is it always the clubs with the biggest resources that moan.

Every club, Premier League and football league, deal with the same amount of games but luckily these top teams, that do seem to moan more, are the ones that have the chance to actually make changes (and good changes) to their first 11 in this time.

I suspect it's because they're the only ones that the media pays any attention to. I'm sure a lot of smaller clubs have plenty of complaints. The other is purely financial. Smaller clubs and lower leagues clubs need these fixtures. But I don't hear Klopp talking about the big clubs financially compensating them sooooo.... It just reminds me of last year when his answer was more subs. I like him more than most on here and I wish Rodgers had a 10th of his charism and being vocal but he don't half talk some tosh sometimes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I suspect it's because they're the only ones that the media pays any attention to. I'm sure a lot of smaller clubs have plenty of complaints. The other is purely financial. Smaller clubs and lower leagues clubs need these fixtures. But I don't hear Klopp talking about the big clubs financially compensating them sooooo.... It just reminds me of last year when his answer was more subs. I like him more than most on here and I wish Rodgers had a 10th of his charism and being vocal but he don't half talk some tosh sometimes. 

More subs.... when these clubs weren't actually using the 3 they already had. 

Certain clubs opinions hold more weight, it seems. Very much like when City reported covid cases at the beginning of the first lockdown that was ignored until Arteta reported positive and then the PL was cancelled. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

The example set by managers, players as well but I think managers are much worse, in regards to their attitude towards referees is unbelievably bad and it contributes to the way grassroot refs are treated. 

The league I play in us mainly reffed by teenagers and the way are treated by grown men is astonishing.

You can disagree without acting like they do and you'd never get away with it in any other world. 

It can be really bad in youth football too. Two teams of eleven year olds, a 15 year old ref, and the coaches, grown men (nearly always men), effing and blinding at the ref and even calling them a cheat.

It’s absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

The game on the 28th has been a mystery to me though, has it always been there or did they sneak it in a few years ago? No need for that game to be played, surely there is sometime else it can fit in. 

Yeah I’ve thought that for a long time. I’ve also wondered why they don’t get a midweek game in over August rather than December. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Why is it always the clubs with the biggest resources that moan.

Every club, Premier League and football league, deal with the same amount of games but luckily these top teams, that do seem to moan more, are the ones that have the chance to actually make changes (and good changes) to their first 11 in this time.

They do genuinely play more games though don’t they? Top clubs have Europe which makes their season more akin to a Championship season where personnel changes are quite high. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They do genuinely play more games though don’t they? Top clubs have Europe which makes their season more akin to a Championship season where personnel changes are quite high. 

True, plus more likely to be in a cup fixture.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which comes with success. Extra games in Europe mean you're a good side. The top clubs in Europe have bigger squads too. I only saw Tunchel the other day moan about having to play, he had player worth 50m+ sat on the bench.

Edited by Fox92

37 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

It can be really bad in youth football too. Two teams of eleven year olds, a 15 year old ref, and the coaches, grown men (nearly always men), effing and blinding at the ref and even calling them a cheat.

It’s absolutely disgusting.

Has this aggressive culture at that lower level always been that bad? It strikes me that addressing that wouldn't be a bad start in dealing with the awful way top-flight players and refs interact with each other. If that relationship is dysfunctional then refs are bound to make mistakes, make biased judgements...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Which comes with success. Extra games in Europe mean you're a good side. The top clubs in Europe have bigger squads too. I only saw Tunchel the other day moan about having to play, he had player worth 50m+ sat on the bench.

That bench though contained a number of players in the same position. I didn’t agree with his statement but I could see his point. 

The scheduling is a mess and has been for a while. The amount of games played in December for everyone is way too much. 

7 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Has this aggressive culture at that lower level always been that bad? It strikes me that addressing that wouldn't be a bad start in dealing with the awful way top-flight players and refs interact with each other. If that relationship is dysfunctional then refs are bound to make mistakes, make biased judgements...

Most youth coaches are really good. Or at least not really bad. I wouldn’t want to give the impression that most are dreadful. But the behaviour of some is appalling.

I think it has to come from both ends st the same time.

The professional game needs to sort it out - and there’s no reason why they can’t; other professional sports with huge amounts of money at stake don’t treat their refs like dog dirt. You don’t tend to see NFL players aggressively surrounding the officials.

And also it needs to be better dealt with at kids grassroots level, although I’m not sure how to do it. But if kids could grow up in a football enviromnent where abusing refs simply wasn’t a thing, surely it’d be less likely to happen further up?

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

The game on the 28th has been a mystery to me though, has it always been there or did they sneak it in a few years ago? No need for that game to be played, surely there is sometime else it can fit in. 

It's always been there but you are at the mercy of the TV broadcasters. It is spread from 28th-30th this season. Third season in a row where we're playing 26th and 28th- Rodgers just gets on with it and makes big changes for the 28th usually.

3 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

It's hard to sympathise tbh. I'm thinking he's not hangng on a phone for nearly an hour at 7-8 in the morning hoping his surgery will pick up and even if they do preying they can provide a "telephone" appointment. Then if he needs a physical examination waiting up to 8 eight hours for somebody to come out and deal with him and god forbid he needs a trip to A&E...

I agree with his general sentiment, something needs to be done and the authorities are only looking after their own self interests but he needs to frame it differently. 

He definitely needs to frame it differently as There was also a quote from him that wasn’t in the sky article of it also being so difficult with only having 2 or 3 weeks holiday a year 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

It's always been there but you are at the mercy of the TV broadcasters. It is spread from 28th-30th this season. Third season in a row where we're playing 26th and 28th- Rodgers just gets on with it and makes big changes for the 28th usually.

It’s actually the premier league who decide the tv slots as they sell them in the packages and the tv broadcasters choose the teams for those slots 

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Media - Liverpool have been hard done by to play on 26th and 28th

Other teams playing on 26th and 28th:

Leeds

Wolves

Watford

Leicester

Norwich

Arsenal

Spurs

Palace

West Ham

Southampton

Aston Villa

Indeed and Liverpool  have the squad to try and cope more than most in that list.  We know, thanks to Klopp & the media, they have injuries and Covid cases but many of the others do too, not as though you would realise that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ren said:

Absolute cretin. Needs the key throwing away.

Its normal practise in the UK for the accused to be tried and the key thrown away after a guilty verdict is given and not before. Being charged with something is not proof of guilt.

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Dont agree with this, players have access to the best healthcare and have more care/attention than the vast majority in the world. 

Correct, they also have access to masks and vaccines, thus preventing infections and match postponements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

Most youth coaches are really good. Or at least not really bad. I wouldn’t want to give the impression that most are dreadful. But the behaviour of some is appalling.

I think it has to come from both ends st the same time.

The professional game needs to sort it out - and there’s no reason why they can’t; other professional sports with huge amounts of money at stake don’t treat their refs like dog dirt. You don’t tend to see NFL players aggressively surrounding the officials.

And also it needs to be better dealt with at kids grassroots level, although I’m not sure how to do it. But if kids could grow up in a football enviromnent where abusing refs simply wasn’t a thing, surely it’d be less likely to happen further up?

I take my sister's kid to rugby occasionally when she can't do it and it's really good. They're all working class kids, coaches etc as far as I can make out (I only say this as a lot of this aggression gets blamed on class). There's a nice bit of respect when explaining the refs decision and they move on.  

50 minutes ago, Torten said:

Ferran Torres off to Barca then. Man City must be lining up a move for a forward surely?

Can’t work out who’s got the better Deal, looks class and still

young will only get better

to think they have sold him for less than they paid for ake. Yes there making profit but still so much potential there