Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

53 minutes ago, Torten said:

Ferran Torres off to Barca then. Man City must be lining up a move for a forward surely?

lol sign Grealish for £100m sell Torres who's 5 years younger and a more complete player for half that. Great business.

Obviously they've made some fantastic signings but that's generally because they're buying the finished product but there's been some shocking business under Pep particularly.

2 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Can’t work out who’s got the better Deal, looks class and still

young will only get better

to think they have sold him for less than they paid for ake. Yes there making profit but still so much potential there 

Brilliant deal for Barca. Was surprised by just how good Torres is. Brilliant game intelligence is the thing that makes him stand out.

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Brilliant deal for Barca. Was surprised by just how good Torres is. Brilliant game intelligence is the thing that makes him stand out.

We tried to sign him from Valencia but lack of European competition seemed to be the challenge. 

Another good example of our quality scouting. 

1 hour ago, Torten said:

Ferran Torres off to Barca then. Man City must be lining up a move for a forward surely?

I really think they're making a mistake here, Torres has tonnes of potential. Watching him live during the charity shield, his movement was outstanding. I'm really surprised how little they've used him.

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I really think they're making a mistake here, Torres has tonnes of potential. Watching him live during the charity shield, his movement was outstanding. I'm really surprised how little they've used him.

Been injured which hasn’t helped but yes seem to be getting rid quite quickly .

And Will Barca pay up ?

50 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Been injured which hasn’t helped but yes seem to be getting rid quite quickly .

And Will Barca pay up ?

I think the situation is that they can buy players (another massive loan that they'll never pay back. See also, Madrid, Real) but they have to sell to adhere to fair play rules. It's not right that Barca and Real can't fail when they are constantly bailed out by the big Spanish / Catalonian banks.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

They’re playing no more games than in any previous seasons. Get over it.

Sounds like another attempt from the big boys to get 5 subs bought in and using covid as the excuse.

Just get on with it you moaning bastards, if Klopp and Guardiola etc don’t like it then go and manage In a different country.

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Sounds like another attempt from the big boys to get 5 subs bought in and using covid as the excuse.

Just get on with it you moaning bastards, if Klopp and Guardiola etc don’t like it then go and manage In a different country.

Bet Rodgers votes 'Aye' to the 5 subs rules,  he use's the system so well....oh, wait.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That bench though contained a number of players in the same position. I didn’t agree with his statement but I could see his point. 

The scheduling is a mess and has been for a while. The amount of games played in December for everyone is way too much. 

Tbh I do agree. 

We could easily lose the game between Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh I do agree. 

We could easily lose the game between Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

Likewise get rid of (atleast) one of the silly international break in one of the first 3 months of the season that frees your game between Boxing Day and NYD up.

Personally I like the tradition of the Christmas fixtures, It never seemed to be an issue, spoke about or much made about it years ago when there were smaller squads and less fit players, they embraced it, but if these poor athletes can't handle it and if that's the answer to avoid a winter break then so be it, i'm sick of their whining, welcome to the real world of normal people being tired, working long shifts, not having breaks and on top of that having the added pressure of struggling to make the breadline but having to get on with it.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Likewise get rid of (atleast) one of the silly international break in one of the first 3 months of the season that frees your game between Boxing Day and NYD up.

Personally I like the tradition of the Christmas fixtures, It never seemed to be an issue, spoke about or much made about it years ago when there were smaller squads and less fit players, they embraced it, but if these poor athletes can't handle it and if that's the answer to avoid a winter break then so be it, i'm sick of their whining, welcome to the real world of normal people being tired, not having breaks and having to get on with it.

Agreed ditch the international breaks as soon as the season starts.

Tbh I did raise the point earlier in the thread that it's the big clubs, with the most resources, that always bang on about it and you never hear from small football league clubs who have the same amount of games.

But I also think if we were to lose a game then it should be the one in between Boxing Day and New Year's Day. I don't particularly even like Boxing Day football but it's more of a traditional thing. Move the game from the 28th/29th December to earlier in the season and remove an international break.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Get rid of all international breaks. They’re a pain in the arse. Play internationals midweek then come back and play the league game on Saturday.

Edited by Phil Bowman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The elephant in the room is that in the last 10-15 years the game has got exponentially faster. Those teams playing at a break-neck speed simply can’t recover between games and play at the same intensity.

Liverpool know the rules at the start of the season, they know it’s going to busy. They don’t have to play at 100mph but they choose to because they’re very good at it and it makes them successful. But in so doing they’ve adopted a style of play which they know is compromised by the timings of these fixtures at this time of year. At the end of the day the person primarily responsible for player welfare at Liverpool is Klopp - he could choose to play at a lower intensity to protect his players but he deliberately doesn’t. That’s his choice to prioritise results over welfare - the league is doing nothing it hasn’t done for the last 30+ years.

I’ve not got many good words to say about Rodgers but for me the most impressive thing he’s done in his whole time here was the way he managed the injuries and fixture congestion at the start of the 20/21 season. Our pressing and intensity dropped off markedly which started the slow decline of our pressing game but did at least help us stay fresh enough to put a great run of results together.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The elephant in the room is that in the last 10-15 years the game has got exponentially faster. Those teams playing at a break-neck speed simply can’t recover between games and play at the same intensity.

Liverpool know the rules at the start of the season, they know it’s going to busy. They don’t have to play at 100mph but they choose to because they’re very good at it and it makes them successful. But in so doing they’ve adopted a style of play which they know is compromised by the timings of these fixtures at this time of year. At the end of the day the person primarily responsible for player welfare at Liverpool is Klopp - he could choose to play at a lower intensity to protect his players but he deliberately doesn’t. That’s his choice to prioritise results over welfare - the league is doing nothing it hasn’t done for the last 30+ years.

I’ve not got many good words to say about Rodgers but for me the most impressive thing he’s done in his whole time here was the way he managed the injuries and fixture congestion at the start of the 20/21 season. Our pressing and intensity dropped off markedly which started the slow decline of our pressing game but did at least help us stay fresh enough to put a great run of results together.

You're joking right? And as for the 2nd halves of every season under him?

You're not trying to say playing our slow, insipid game that we play means we can 'save something for later' under him are you?

Its certainly not the case for us that we've got exponentially faster in the last few years, far from it, infact we've even started to stop dead on the ball just recently and i'm not sure it's a case of 'saving something for later' either :crylaugh: