Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Why the bloody hell are they travelling to a hotel? They are playing away in the same bloody city!

Because not all players may live in one area. Assume as the away side they need to arrive at once for policing reasons etc, so maybe easier on that note. Again with clubs controlling the diets prior to game day 

But then obviously you could meet at their training ground, but London traffic and testing requirements probably make it easier to have them closer by? Clutching at straws. 

Thought the EPL said you have to play if you have 13 players and a GK? Hope they are sticking to that. Otherwise we won't see many games until this variant runs though everyone.

I don't really care about the "integrity" of the competition. I just wanna see games, in fact, a team having to field a 16 year old GK for his professional debut might make it more interesting 🤣

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

Thought the EPL said you have to play if you have 13 players and a GK? Hope they are sticking to that. Otherwise we won't see many games until this variant runs though everyone.

Don't believe a word of that. Given they can't release names, it leaves too much potential backhanded actions from behind the scenes for me to honestly believe they have rules 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iancognito said:

It's an odd one as Villa's game is on despite Gerrard having Covid and - you'd think - he would have been in contact with most of the playing squad in the last couple of days. Yet two backroom guys get it and there's talk of Palace's game being off. I do wonder whether it's some teams simply trying to avoid the 2 games in 3 days scenario.

Perhaps one of the palace back room staff is a masseur ?? 

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a complete mess isn’t it. Just call it off for two weeks and then come back fresh. All this pissing around isn’t going to be doing the league any good at all! 

2 weeks in isolation from everyone, family members, work colleagues, everyone, is a pretty hard sell tbh

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

2 weeks in isolation from everyone, family members, work colleagues, everyone, is a pretty hard sell tbh

And then they would still have to isolate from family because otherwise we would quickly go back to first base ….

can’t see it working when wider society is still open.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a complete mess isn’t it. Just call it off for two weeks and then come back fresh. All this pissing around isn’t going to be doing the league any good at all! 

The clubs had the option to do this last week, or at least say this was the preferred choice but they requested playing on.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Vieira missing today along with Gerrard.

Not having the manager there is a big thing. This is where differences could be key.

I'd rather have the manager missing and most of the first team available than the situation that we are in. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, iancognito said:

It's an odd one as Villa's game is on despite Gerrard having Covid and - you'd think - he would have been in contact with most of the playing squad in the last couple of days. Yet two backroom guys get it and there's talk of Palace's game being off. I do wonder whether it's some teams simply trying to avoid the 2 games in 3 days scenario.

That suggests that Villa’s squad are virtually vaccinated whereas Palaces is not 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That suggests that Villa’s squad are virtually vaccinated whereas Palaces is not 

That's the difference.  People who haven't been vaccinated and are in "close contact" (still defined as being within 6 feet, indoors, for 15 minutes so far as I know) have to self-isolate.  People who have been vaccinated, don't.  This means that there are two simple means by which teams can avoid unnecessary postponements - one, vaccinate everyone; two, ensure the unvaccinated are not in close contact with anyone.  That's what they do in the NFL (American football), and any team or player that has players missing because they haven't done either 1 or 2, gets fined, and gets no sympathy.

Some teams, it seems, don't want to avoid unnecessary postponements.  They would rather inconvenience the fans by postponements, often late postponements, rather than inconvenience themselves by having a jab or sitting 6 feet apart.

• Like 2