Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Kopfkino

The PL has had an absolute ****ing mare. Would it really have been too difficult to put together a better plan for these scenarios because it’s turned into a right mess. That there wasn’t something in place for last season when we started the season looking at a tough, vaccine-less winter is bizarre.

In other PL having a mare stuff, I only just realised Man Utd and Newcastle playing tomorrow means they’ve been given the normal 3 day gap between games rather than being forced to play. Absolutely no reason for this if others have to play 2 days later, their fixtures also be done as such

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The PL has had an absolute ****ing mare. Would it really have been too difficult to put together a better plan for these scenarios because it’s turned into a right mess. That there wasn’t something in place for last season when we started the season looking at a tough, vaccine-less winter is bizarre.

In other PL having a mare stuff, I only just realised Man Utd and Newcastle playing tomorrow means they’ve been given the normal 3 day gap between games rather than being forced to play. Absolutely no reason for this if others have to play 2 days later, their fixtures also be done as such

Underatand the need to preserve the festive fixtures but they really should have called off all midweek fixtures around this period. 

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Blimey considering Norwich have had a few promotions in the period since this is some feat !

From the BBC:

“Norwich hate Boxing Day - their last festive league win was 1987”

Beat Birmingham in 2017 lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42406717

Must mean premier league.

Yeah I googled it!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Blimey considering Norwich have had a few promotions in the period since this is some feat !

From the BBC:

“Norwich hate Boxing Day - their last festive league win was 1987”

It's top division.

• Like 1

Me and @Chocolate Teapotdid point out about West Ham months back after a good section of this forum waffled on about them ….seven points behind 4th. They’ve fell apart in the same way we would in late April. 

The clubs outside the big six simply don’t have squads capable of managing when situations with injuries etc get tough. And it’s fecking terrible for the competition 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Norwich gone.  West Ham sinking fast to their correct level. 

People were always premature in proclaiming them a Champions League side after 10 games.

Sadly, those with the biggest budgets and pull are starting to pull away.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Me and @Chocolate Teapotdid point out about West Ham months back after a good section of this forum waffled on about them ….seven points behind 4th. They’ve fell apart in the same way we would in late April. 

The clubs outside the big six simply don’t have squads capable of managing when situations with injuries etc get tough. And it’s fecking terrible for the competition 

Shame West Ham fluked that win v Chelsea a couple of weeks back. We'd be 3 points off 7th with a game in hand but for that. 

• Like 1