Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Liverpool fans make me laugh.

Their latest grievance is that Man City and a couple of other teams have hammered Leeds whereas Liverpool have been deprived of the opportunity to do this after their match today was called off in a clear pro Man City ploy.

What makes is even more ridiculous is that they were moaning about playing 2 games in 3 days - one of those being the Leeds game. 

Cant make this shit up.

Yes - Man City have sent a mole into the Leeds squad etc to pass on COVID.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Wolves cancelling games because of a few injuries in their squad.

The precedent was set.

Well we have about 6 players out so wouldn't be surprised if we've laid it a bit thick tbh. 

Not that it will do much good as we always have injuries and some of the games might be re-arranged for January when we lose players for the African Cup of nations. 

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hearing Tuchel grumbling about the schedule and impact of Covid earlier was sickening, given that he was able to field a virtually full strength team v Villa and unlike us, Chelsea get 3, rather than only 2, days' rest until their next game. Love to see what he had to say if he found himself in BR's shoes.

You'd think he would be glad to get games out of the way given they have European commitments in the new year.

More likely making a fuss as Chelsea have dropped points until tonight.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Wolves cancelling games because of a few injuries in their squad.

The precedent was set.

The Wolves games have been postponed because of their opponents inability to field a side. Wolves players and staff all fully vaccinated 

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

The Wolves games have been postponed because of their opponents inability to field a side. Wolves players and staff all fully vaccinated 

You are right about the game v us but their next match against  Arsenal games is off due Wolves having cases and injuries according to this:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/12504293/arsenal-vs-wolves-premier-league-match-on-december-28-postponed-due-to-covid-19-and-injuries

"The Premier League Board accepted the postponement application as Wolverhampton Wanderers does not have the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players and one goalkeeper) as a result of a number of COVID-19 cases and injuries at the club"

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Sorry! Just understood the point about Arsenal!! 

hmmm that’s a mystery then …. I’m kinda connected to Wolves and have been told by various sources that they’d never need to cancel a game (clearly sources aren’t as well informed as they thought!)

• Like 2

On 23/12/2021 at 14:00, The Bear said:

Utter arseholes, I was looking forward to going to that game. As usual we get punished even though we're fully triple vaxxed, both players and staff. 

Watford's outbreak was 10 days ago and they had closed the training ground. What the hell kind of nonsense is going on for them to have even more cases now? 

They really need to enforce the 14 players over the age of 18 rule and make teams play games. They did it with Derby in the FA Cup so the precedent is there. 

:ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Sorry! Just understood the point about Arsenal!! 

hmmm that’s a mystery then …. I’m kinda connected to Wolves and have been told by various sources that they’d never need to cancel a game (clearly sources aren’t as well informed as they thought!)

Fully vaccinated or not you can still catch and spread it. Games would still potentially be cancelled for an outbreak fully vaccinated or not.

But like many teams who have had games cancelled (ourselves very much included in that), it has nothing to do with Covid in my opinion, they’ve simply got injuries and are buying abit of time, it also gives them their own self enforced winter break.

As I said the Premier League set a precedent, they’ve let other teams get away with it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-empty-seats-at-brighton-at-west-ham-were-a-premier-league-failure

Not a surprise there were so many empty seats. Boxing Day might be great for watching on TV but for those who rely on public transport it's just not viable.

It still irks me that our game against Arsenal 5 years ago was moved to a Sunday with just 3 weeks notice. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It still irks me that our game against Arsenal 5 years ago was moved to a Sunday with just 3 weeks notice. 

Yeah Valentine’s Day 12pm kickoff I’m sure a lot of folk got grief at home with that announcement 

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Tuchel now bellyaching about the Premier League Christmas schedule. If they were still top of the league he'd be as quiet as a church mouse!!

I doubt that.  Guardiola's been whingeing, and Klopp never stops.  I think it's important to these managers to be top of the whinge league as well as the actual league.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Tuchel now bellyaching about the Premier League Christmas schedule. If they were still top of the league he'd be as quiet as a church mouse!!

how many millions is that moaning greedy idiot paid a year

in the current climate he needs to realise when he was ****ing born

they kick a ball around boo hoo

Maybe managers should stop making players run 13km  a game every week at ridicuous speeds and they wouldnt be so ****ing tired

1 minute ago, twister said:

how many millions is that moaning greedy idiot paid a year

in the current climate he needs to realise when he was ****ing born

they kick a ball around boo hoo

Maybe managers should stop making players run 13km  a game every week at ridicuous speeds and they wouldnt be so ****ing tired

What happens if they don’t ?? (And I think it’s a few km less than that) 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

What happens if they don’t ?? (And I think it’s a few km less than that) 

Games would be just as ****ing good they were in the 90s and 80s and any other decade

its these pressing maniacs that are causing players issues right now

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think you can stick the genie back in the bottle 

why do think players are dropping like flies with heart attacks the last decade or so though on pitches

never happened decades back

clubs are pushing the bottle to far, they want players running like maniacs

Game wouldnt be any worse if managers let players just played football rather than run marathons every week, game would be better actually maybe the art of the winger wouldn't be dying out at the way it is.