Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Joyfully. Because I won’t the Arabs screwed.

Ridiculous beyond belief. .. We will be fighting Manchester Utd for that top 7 spot more than Newcastle will concern us this season... Just madness what goes through certain people's heads at times 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Well according to the studio Apparently only one team in premier league history have survived relegation being in Newcastle’s current position 

But they aren’t that far behind at all and have money to spend to potentially make big improvements.

Just looking at Arsenal’s next set of PL games, the next 4 league games could change quite a bit. I know with our defensive frailties that sounds ridiculous but in addition to LFC in the EFL semis, they have:

Man C

Spurs

Burnley

Wolves

all games where they could drop points. 

We have (after Liverpool tomorrow):

Norwich

Burnley

Brighton

Liverpool

We both have a game which you’d expect to lose. However, after that I would expect points in our other 3 (that’s not even me having lofty ambitions). Arsenal have Spurs and Wolves who are well capable of getting something from them. 

It could be an interesting January. 

See you in Feb for my next instalment of blind optimism. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just looking at Arsenal’s next set of PL games, the next 4 league games could change quite a bit. I know with our defensive frailties that sounds ridiculous but in addition to LFC in the EFL semis, they have:

Man C

Spurs

Burnley

Wolves

all games where they could drop points. 

We have (after Liverpool tomorrow):

Norwich

Burnley

Brighton

Liverpool

We both have a game which you’d expect to lose. However, after that I would expect points in our other 3 (that’s not even me having lofty ambitions). Arsenal have Spurs and Wolves who are well capable of getting something from them. 

It could be an interesting January. 

See you in Feb for my next instalment of blind optimism. 

And why are you looking at Arsenal in the first place? 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Man C

Spurs

Burnley

Wolves

Spurs is worse... 

They play Chelsea 3 times and Arsenal once between 5th and 23rd Jan. 

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

And why are you looking at Arsenal in the first place? 

The highest we could aim for is 4th. I’m not saying we could finish there but teams between 4th and 7th will change. It’s about reducing the deficit during our good periods. Arsenal currently occupy 4th. I think there next 4 is pretty tough.

The second half of the season will be where we can hope to do this. 

• Like 1

Our attacking is pretty damn good if we can start with that mindset get a healthy lead and try to sustain it even with leaking goals in we could just sneak by with some wins. God wish we could strengthen our defense it literally makes my eyes water how injury stricken we are as a squad. If that luck ever changes for us this season it will be the moment we will go on a serious run. Just don’t know if it will happen for us sadly.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Not sure how accurate this actually is, but sheesh 

The rules for postponing games need changing.

Regular injuries shouldn’t be taken into account, you wouldn’t of been able call a game off for an injury crisis pre covid.

should be a set number of covid cases to get a game called off. Say 10 cases and you can postpone the game. There’s too many factors involved in the current rules.

• Like 4