Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I acryally agree with Pep and Klopp regarding the fixture pile ups especially in these Covid times. . People hate to hear it because it's coming from Pep and a **** like Klopp. If it's said by Rodgers and Rafa maybe it'll be received with more empathy. Also, just because players are on enormous salaries doesn't make them less human. They still deserve to be looked after.. Don't come @ me with Simon Jordan taking points and about doing 10 hour shifts as a forklift driver. 

• Like 1

One thing I'd insist on is that players who are both unvaccinated AND haven't practised social distancing don't count against rules.  Watford cancelled their game with Burnley because they had one case - just one - of covid, but they lost a few more players to isolation rules.  Totally unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I acryally agree with Pep and Klopp regarding the fixture pile ups especially in these Covid times. . People hate to hear it because it's coming from Pep and a **** like Klopp. If it's said by Rodgers and Rafa maybe it'll be received with more empathy. Also, just because players are on enormous salaries doesn't make them less human. They still deserve to be looked after.. Don't come @ me with Simon Jordan taking points and about doing 10 hour shifts as a forklift driver. 

If Klopp thinks his players are playing too many games then he shouldn't pick them.  Problem solved.  I'm fed up of this "Liverpool have a problem, what are the rest of the league going to do about it".  Other managers of very rich clubs have the same attitude.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

One thing I'd insist on is that players who are both unvaccinated AND haven't practised social distancing don't count against rules.  Watford cancelled their game with Burnley because they had one case - just one - of covid, but they lost a few more players to isolation rules.  Totally unnecessary.

Is that official or just hearsay ?

Who knows which players are unvaccinated and breaking rules? - no one is going to admit it.

They will just say vaccinated players are getting COVID too .

I do think long term injuries shouldn’t count as they wouldn’t be in the squad anyway .

Edited by Super_horns

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

There certainly won't be a strike.  Any chance of the third and fourth division players going on strike because Henderson is having to work too hard for his money?  No, thought not.

Any chance of Burnley players going on strike because Henderson is having to work too hard for his money?  No, thought not.

If Man City players are playing too often, then the manager needs to let them play less.  Whether by picking other players, or by playing fewer competitions, or by reorganising the Champions League, up to them. If the player doesn't like playing so often for Man City, let him move to another club who plays less.  And if they do want to go on strike, it can only be against their own employer, not against football in general.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If Klopp thinks his players are playing too many games then he shouldn't pick them.  Problem solved.  I'm fed up of this "Liverpool have a problem, what are the rest of the league going to do about it".  Other managers of very rich clubs have the same attitude.

He just wants to be able to play his best team every game. That’s why he’s pushing for 5 subs. So they can go full strength and get the game won and then take half his players off, then in the next game take the other half off. 

Klopp has two moans (currently)

first is five subs (evidently we are now supporting this)

second is playing 26th and 28th.  He is happy to play 26th and 29th.  

I’m with him on the second but with TV demands, that’s just not going to happen now.  What should be addressed is some teams are repeatedly asked to play twice in three days, season after season. It should be on a rota. 

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Where did you read/see that ?

Who knows which players are unvaccinated and breaking rules - no one is going to admit it.

I do think long term injuries shouldn’t count as they wouldn’t be in the squad anyway .

Can't remember.  I've googled it but there's so much covid noise that I can't find it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

They are correct, I agree we shouldn't be playing on the 26th and 28th. More of a fuss should've been made after last year when us and Crystal Palace had to do it. Or the year before when several teams had to.

They should've made it a big thing before the season and a staple of the TV picks that they couldn't play on the 28th. But they didn't.

You give all the power to TV companies and this is what you get. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Our attacking is pretty damn good if we can start with that mindset get a healthy lead and try to sustain it even with leaking goals in we could just sneak by with some wins. God wish we could strengthen our defense it literally makes my eyes water how injury stricken we are as a squad. If that luck ever changes for us this season it will be the moment we will go on a serious run. Just don’t know if it will happen for us sadly.

Our attack is probably the best in the league outside the big 6, Iheanacho has a fantastic goals and assists per 90 minutes, shame we don't play him more, Then Vardy and Daka. Probably only Liverpool could boast a better 3. Unfortunately Iheanacho is off to the AFCON and Daka is out for 3 weeks which will probably be more. Vardy looks like he's struggling so how he will look with no one  else available to rest him I don't know? Barnes not available yet either.

As for the defence I don't think we'll see much of Fofana, JJ or Ricardo, this season, just hope we don't get any more injuries.

38 minutes ago, Koke said:

I think almost every fan, coach, player, manager, pundit and journalist in the country would agree that the fixture between Boxing Day and New Years Day is pointless. 

Beyond that I've got no sympathy with them. It's not about it being "Pep and Klopp" on any personal level, it's about the managers of the elite clubs with boundless resources acting like it's an eternal hardship to have to earn millions per game playing in the Champions League and refusing to fully rotate whilst all the while having probably over a hundred registered footballers on their books over the age of 16 who most of the football league would be delighted to have. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jamesrangers said:

Hi down visiting from Glasgow want to go to the match tonight if I went to a rangers match there would be a few people selling there season ticket for the game what’s the chance of that tonight really would love to see Leicester play thanks

Evidently haven’t seen us play this season then 👀

Guest Kopfkino
48 minutes ago, Corky said:

They are correct, I agree we shouldn't be playing on the 26th and 28th. More of a fuss should've been made after last year when us and Crystal Palace had to do it. Or the year before when several teams had to.

They should've made it a big thing before the season and a staple of the TV picks that they couldn't play on the 28th. But they didn't.

You give all the power to TV companies and this is what you get. 

It’s got almost naff all to do with the tv companies. It’s our antiquated approach in this country which we refuse to change for reasons unbeknownst to me. You can’t blame the TV companies for playing 26th and 28th back in 1985

Just now, Kopfkino said:

It’s got almost naff all to do with the tv companies. It’s our antiquated approach in this country which we refuse to change for reasons unbeknownst to me. You can’t blame the TV companies for playing 26th and 28th back in 1985

But that was because of Boxing Day being a Thursday in 1985 …. I’m guessing this btw. playing 26/28th happened once every seven years back then ??

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

But that was because of Boxing Day being a Thursday in 1985 …. I’m guessing this btw. playing 26/28th happened once every seven years back then ??

In 1983 they played on the 26th, 27th, 31st, and 2nd Jan.

25 minutes ago, Jamesrangers said:

Hi down visiting from Glasgow want to go to the match tonight if I went to a rangers match there would be a few people selling there season ticket for the game what’s the chance of that tonight really would love to see Leicester play thanks

You just wanna boo/shout/laugh at Rodgers don't you? :crylaugh: 

Some might say who could blame you.

12 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Well according to the studio Apparently only one team in premier league history have survived relegation being in Newcastle’s current position 

Fairly confident Newcastle won't win the Premiership next season. But if they're 5000 to 1, I may still risk a flutter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Fairly confident Newcastle won't win the Premiership next season. But if they're 5000 to 1, I may still risk a flutter.

Howe isn’t at the level Pep, Conte, Tuchel and Klopp, for me at least. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Klopp has two moans (currently)

first is five subs (evidently we are now supporting this)

second is playing 26th and 28th.  He is happy to play 26th and 29th.  

I’m with him on the second but with TV demands, that’s just not going to happen now.  What should be addressed is some teams are repeatedly asked to play twice in three days, season after season. It should be on a rota. 

Liverpool have never played on the 26th & 28th whilst Klopp has been manager. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Isn't Klopp happy to play on the 26th and 29th?