Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

37 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Probably not.

Easier to sack the manager than buy any defensive players !

what manager would go to watford though

even when you win the championship you wont get ten games

its all a bit unstable but heh ho it works you keep getting promoted.

Guest Kopfkino
33 minutes ago, twister said:

Probably a lot of them. 6 months work for 2 years pay at least + I think it’s that baked in that Watford sack managers at will that it won’t hurt your reputation

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Gilmour getting stick from the Norwich supporters. Can't say I rate him that well either, I do wonder all this rant and rave the press give about is because he's from Chelsea.

Remember when all the pundits were sticking the boot into Farke because he wouldn't play him. Turns out he was probably right. He wasn't good enough to get in the team.

• Like 1

My best mate is a Norwich fan and he went today with his son to Selhurst. 

They had a spare and sold it to a bloke in the pub before the game, who was properly pissed or on something else. 

He said whatever, that he'd run on the pitch at 60 minutes. 

What a plonker (if you've seen it) 

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

My best mate is a Norwich fan and he went today with his son to Selhurst. 

They had a spare and sold it to a bloke in the pub before the game, who was properly pissed or on something else. 

He said whatever, that he'd run on the pitch at 60 minutes. 

What a plonker (if you've seen it) 

I did see it. And to be fair, he's got the closest to scoring for Norwich this month.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, twister said:

Yes I agree.

Many fans support Ranieri but feel he needs money to spend in January.

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Newcastle lose two of their most threatening players against Man Utd and suddenly there's a coincidental outbreak of covid causing their game against Everton to be called off.

.....call me a cynic...

They were already short on players. They couldn't name 9 subs last night, and that was with naming 2 keepers on the bench.

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Newcastle lose two of their most threatening players against Man Utd and suddenly there's a coincidental outbreak of covid causing their game against Everton to be called off.

.....call me a cynic...

Everton v Newcastle without all the flair players would be hideous.

Correct decision.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Koke said:

I would just like to say how very, very pleased I am that you sorted this bloke's hash for him tonight.  :scarf::banana::cheers:

He has a record about Burnley.  You should have heard him whinge about when Gomez fractured his leg in a 50-50 with Ben Mee, a tackle which the ref felt was fair and which the disciplinary committee was happy with.  In those days he was dead against any sort of tackling that could cause injury, even if it was a fair tackle.  To the extent that he complained to the referee because he felt the ref should be taking action against tackles that he (Klopp) accepted weren't fouls, but were a little to strong for his Liverpool precious poppets to compete with.  No exaggeration.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/07/klopp-liverpool-sturridge-cheat-dyche

Obviously he has changed his mind about strong tackling.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I would just like to say how very, very pleased I am that you sorted this bloke's hash for him tonight.  :scarf::banana::cheers:

He has a record about Burnley.  You should have heard him whinge about when Gomez fractured his leg in a 50-50 with Ben Mee, a tackle which the ref felt was fair and which the disciplinary committee was happy with.  In those days he was dead against any sort of tackling that could cause injury, even if it was a fair tackle.  To the extent that he complained to the referee because he felt the ref should be taking action against tackles that he (Klopp) accepted weren't fouls, but were a little to strong for his Liverpool precious poppets to compete with.  No exaggeration.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/07/klopp-liverpool-sturridge-cheat-dyche

Obviously he has changed his mind about strong tackling.  :rolleyes:

Picking on burnley as a example as liverpool manager is like comparing  marks and spencers and your local one pound store, its a ridiculous compairson.

he was good in defeat tonight but his pre matche comments are laugthable.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes I agree.

Many fans support Ranieri but feel he needs money to spend in January.

I oddly think you will stay up if you do that in january.  The hire and fire policy has worked but its relied on team leaders like deeney now gone, foster and cleverley and hughes. They need replacing in the dressing room.

We saw last year with Fullhams loan army how fight seeps away without experienced leaders in a dressing room.

Watford by the way maybe one of the most surreal teams to have ever played prem football, this was a team when they got relegated last time managed 35 shots against arsenal and ended liverpools unbeaten record with ease.And hammered united and everton this year yet can also be piss poor most of the time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Gilmour getting stick from the Norwich supporters. Can't say I rate him that well either, I do wonder all this rant and rave the press give about is because he's from Chelsea.

15 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Remember when all the pundits were sticking the boot into Farke because he wouldn't play him. Turns out he was probably right. He wasn't good enough to get in the team.

Media said he was the next best thing on the back of three half decent performances for Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Media said he was the next best thing on the back of three half decent performances for Chelsea.

Seems like all you need to do is fart in a Chelsea shirt and your considered a top player. The amount times pundits and commentators he's a scottish international... yeah that's nothing special really I mean there's players playing in the championship that play for Scotland doesn't suddenly make you a world class player. I'm sure Gilmour may come a good player, but would anyone say he's done anything more special than say Dewsbury-Hall. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They’ve began waffling on about the PL becoming a bore now because it’s dominated by Man City and they are the only club who challenge it. 

Now they know how the rest of the 14 in the PL feel 

Spot on.

20 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It's probably harsh on Gilmour being singled out but Norwich fans are understandably fed up of seeing their team struggle and want a target. Gilmour has had a lot of praise which means their fans are in the wrong on this in the media's eyes but they watch him every week.

Gabby Agbonlahor had the worst praise for him earlier, saying they are losing 5-0 with him but they'd be losing 7/8-0 without him because he's a quality player lol 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

now this, if true, is absolutely laughable

Someone said at the time the response to him will define Man Utd’s long term future. If they hound this guy out and the owners let the players do it, they’re finished. 

He’s more than welcome at Leicester in that advisory capacity in the Summer if it doesn’t work out there.

• Like 1