Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I know it's not exactly a controversial opinion these days but Brighton are such a good team just devoid of real creative talent and/or any sort of proper finishers. I really do think they are 2 or 3 shrewd attacking signings off being a team who could challenge for Europe. They just played Chelsea off the park for over an hour. 

Man City with another title retention then. Thought Chelsea would offer more, but they've big man Rudiger routinely trying to physically prove himself and lots of injuries. Chelsea fan I heard a few months ago going on about how they had the best wing-backs in the world with Chilly & James - they're now both seriously crocked by the look of it.

Suppose Liverpool could view this little Christmas run as a blip where they played at a low tempo, pretty much what Klopp what sweating out last night.

But this seems done. Man City rampant, since they first won it in 2012 they've won it every other year, now they're clocking in sequences Fergie style.

15 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Really like the look of Yves Bissouma for Brighton. He is a very good all round midfielder. Great intensity energy and tackling prowess.  Very aware of what’s going around him. Can bring the ball forward nicely and play a good pass/shot. He has also got that toughness we lack a bit of. Would be a great addition to our team in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Brighton were brilliant tonight any chance of us signing Yves Bissouma in Jan 

He'd have to relocate, but a change of address might not be allowed under his bail conditions. 

Tuchel has to get the cheque book out and buy more 70m players cos Chelsea's previous buys aren't scoring and some are causing disunity in the dressing room wanting their weekly wage doubled. Their players should look at Brighton's players and be totally embarrassed at themselves.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Read recently a book called Edge about the search for excellence in football and how teams succeed. 

Tuchel is featured heavily (as is Potter) and you get the impression that the author has doubts about whether Tuchel’s style fits well with the more short-term focus of the bigger clubs and the higher pressure for success given his management style. He’s asked about working for a big team and doesn’t really answer the question. 

Since then, Tuchel has worked at PSG, but it didn’t look like he had an enjoyable experience. 

The pressure will arguably be greater at Chelsea and Abramovich is not known for his patience, where he has the most expensive squad. Yep, he gave them the Champions League but that’s knockout football where luck plays an even bigger role across fewer matches, while in the league, they only just got into the top 4. 

I’d be interested to know how Lampard’s win % in the PL compares with Tuchel’s - don’t think they’ll be as different as people expect. 

Tuchel is clearly an excellent manager and coach, and very likely to be successful if given time or allowed to bring in

players that he wants (doubt it at Chelsea and it was one of the reasons why he left PSG). I wonder if their form continues to suffer in the league whether he’ll be given the time to turn it around? 

Shows also how even the very best sides suffer if even a couple of players in key positions get injured. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Chelsea want everything instantly, they sell young players without giving them a chance look at Lamptey today or Livramento at Southampton, and now that their 70m players aren't performing, they have to spend another 100 or 200m on players. Seems like having to much money's really messed them up.

Great post. I get the impression Tuchel would also prefer to work with younger talent that he can build rather than the quick fixes, but unlikely he gets that choice in his current role. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1