Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

How come the fans and the players never get say on what if they want to keep VAR or not.

because fans have long since not mattered

hence why we get united burnley on a thursday night..... and not on a actual bank holiday when fans have the day off

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

How come the fans and the players never get say on what if they want to keep VAR or not.

Tbh the players (and managers ) would probably only answer if it benefits them or not.

Clubs voted for it to be used in the first place ..

Maybe it’s not VAR itself that is the issue but the inconsistency of the officials and how they are applying the rules .

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh the players (and managers ) would probably only answer if it benefits them or not.

Clubs voted for it to be used in the first place ..

Maybe it’s not VAR itself that is the issue but the inconsistency of the officials and how they are applying the rules .

This. Absolutely and precisely this. 

• Like 1

Tommy Tickle gets no love from me he's starting to look like a jibbering wreck in his interviews. So he moans he has not a fit 1st team yet compared to the rest of us still looks like a very high priced high performance squad. Why do none of the interviewers ever mention how much worse it is for teams like ours. I bet if we did a like for like comparison just imagine what tickles team would REALLY look like! Everyone is suffering at the moment and its best the top 6 big time charlies keep their gob shut as its not a good look.

Sorry but you cannot moan about having no players when you can bring on Kante from the bench! 

They also have Saul, Barkley, Ziyech, Havertz and Sarr left to bring on! 

Honestly if you don't like the way the league is ran and the fixtures ( which have been the same for years over Christmas) they do one and go back to Germany, France or where ever you get Christmas off! 

I imagine their Super League they wanted would have had a break at Christmas! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Not from the fans really - they’d rather we spent some money on defenders then pay off another manager.

But the owners might have other ideas !

They may go out and spend big to get big Sam. Even though he failed at west Brom I could see him doing well at Watford. Slighty better players.

11 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

😂😂😂Chelsea fans keeping the ball. 

Can't stand any of the '6' but I'd rather Man City win it, basically because I only know 3 Man City fans and they're all good lads and have followed them for years

I know a mix of United and City fans, given I live near Manchester (though you'll get lads from Staffordshire claiming allegiance to United).

There is a BIG split in the fanbases. For City, if they're over a certain age, they're pretty humble and don't expect the money to last. They appreciate the football and just try to enjoy the good times. Bit blinkered by big club bias but fine.

Younger fans, though - annoying little scrotes who think they're god's gift. No concept of Maine Road or Division 2. 

Of the "big club" fans, Liverpool are the worst. Then Chelsea. Then Man United. 

Don't know why Tuchel just doesn't come out with a bit of dignity and admit Brighton played them off the pitch for a good part of the 2nd half and with a bit more quality up front could perhaps have won. They fully deserved their draw.

I find him more annoying than Klopp frankly.

Chelsea's policy is to spend spend spend, buy up as many players as they can and then loan them out and sell on at a profit and them moan moan moan when they don't win every game they believe they should win when sides like Brighton don't simply roll over for them.

They'd be nothing without dodgy Russian backers and have little history to compare with Liverpool or Man Utd. 

There's something really quite objectionable about the way Tuchel is complaining right now. Just get on with it or go to another league.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really don't know how Tuchel can complain about injuries. Their position is far less bad than ours both this season and indeed last when they barely had an injury at all, which was crucial to them pipping us to 4th in the end. 

Another moaner of a manager. Then again, not for long, he'll not win anything this season and end up getting the boot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twister said:

Brighton get a lot of praise

but they draw way to many games

talented as potter is , is he ruthless enougth as a coach.

I am still on the fence on potter getting a really big job for that reason

They just lack some better quality up front. The football they play is pretty decent to view.

• Like 2

Just now, reynard said:

They just lack some better quality up front. The football they play is pretty decent to view.

True  but isnt part of it just poor coaching in terms of finishing 

I mean I watched brighton play palace when they lost at home with 25 odd shots, and have never seen worse finishing in my life.

1 minute ago, twister said:

I mean I watched brighton play palace when they lost at home with 25 odd shots, and have never seen worse finishing in my life.

They haven't really got a striker who will score 15 goals a season. Maupay is decent, was very good in the Championship, but I wouldn't bet on him getting anymore than 10 a season.

If they had a good striker, they'd have beaten Chelsea last night and probably won more games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twister said:

Possibly, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear as the old expression goes.

I'm not disagreeing but put a fit slightly younger Vardy into that Brighton side and things might look quite different. can they recruit the players to take them to the next level is also a valid question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

They haven't really got a striker who will score 15 goals a season. Maupay is decent, was very good in the Championship, but I wouldn't bet on him getting anymore than 10 a season.

If they had a good striker, they'd have beaten Chelsea last night and probably won more games. 

Thats true, but still it doesnt take much to at least put shots on target at times. 

Maupay is on that weird edge of being not quite a  premier league striker but to good for the championship vortex. 

No doubting potters a very good footballing coach though.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think Brighton are getting there. They remind me of us a few years ago. They are getting the pieces in place for a very solid outfit.

They had the stadium, the training ground and backing of a wealthy owner who is also a fan. They’ve got a solid coach in Potter who has instilled a more appealing playing style than his predecessors. They’re now starting to bring through better talent in their academy and gradually bringing in players who improve the squad. I’d be very happy if I was a Brighton fan. 

As for Chelsea, I genuinely don’t get the moaning. If they were Norwich I would be sympathetic, however like the other rich 6 they have amassed a hugely successful academy but they only view those players as commodities to sell on and not really as talent that, shock horror, they could play.

The quality of their youngsters probably rival any reasonable professional team. If I was a promising Chelsea youngster I would be gutted that I wasn’t getting a look in during their injury “crisis”.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

Norwich are 4501/1 to win the league atm. Shows how absurd 5000/1 really is 

Bookies are just too tight now days, you can argue at the start of the season at least there is a chance as everyone is on zero points and there is no form in motion, to have a team halfway though the season with only two wins with lower odds than we had at the start of a season shows how broken the bookies have got.

• Like 1