Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

After seeing the Tuchel interview on the BBC site from after their Brighton game, I really appreciate Brendan's approach on getting on with things (though I will admit, I liked him calling out the inconsistent refs lately) and always staying humble. What a melt of an interview from Tuchel; just like his fellow German manager Klopp, he does not come across well, when things aren't going his way.

• Like 3

Don’t forget Brighton’s shite finishing has been going on for at least 3 seasons now, Potter whilst he has them playing some nice football, hasn’t rectified this. 
They can no longer been seen as unlucky Brighton, this is their 5th season in the league with all the money it brings and they haven’t found a goal scorer.  
In that time they haven’t finished outside the bottom 5 and without knowing the full stats, I would say have struggled to average more than 1 goal a game. Potter is very overrated, it’s all well and good playing pretty football, but if you can’t get wins on the board, you’re not doing your job. 

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One draw and Potter is god of football again

1 win in 13..................

Nobody has called him a God lol 

People just commenting generally on Brighton as well as last night's game where Brighton played really well.

Dunno why it winds you up so much.

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

After seeing the Tuchel interview on the BBC site from after their Brighton game, I really appreciate Brendan's approach on getting on with things (though I will admit, I liked him calling out the inconsistent refs lately) and always staying humble. What a melt of an interview from Tuchel; just like his fellow German manager Klopp, he does not come across well, when things aren't going his way.

Couldn't agree more. In his defence I suppose he's working for a club that basically tries to buy the title each year by spending a load of money, has an owner who has little patience with managers who don't win every game, so the pressure he faces is perhaps more intense than Brendan.

However, I'm just bored with these whinging managers of the so-called big clubs. They have unlimited funds and resources so should just get on with things. There's something so undignified about their constant complaining.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh the players (and managers ) would probably only answer if it benefits them or not.

Clubs voted for it to be used in the first place ..

Maybe it’s not VAR itself that is the issue but the inconsistency of the officials and how they are applying the rules .

Problem is it's the same officials that where and are inconsistent on the pitch that are inconsistent with VAR.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Apart from actual results you mean? 

Proper weird as they're only a point behind us despite winning 1 in 13 lol Only lost 4 games though which is they key.

I think a top 10 finish this season would be a good improvement for them.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody has called him a God lol 

People just commenting generally on Brighton as well as last night's game where Brighton played really well.

Dunno why it winds you up so much.

Sorry though this was a place to talk football. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

I’m not saying Potter is a god, but you can’t deny that, on the whole, Brighton are on a steady curve upwards with everything I mentioned in my previous post? 

Hughton 15th (40 pts), 17th (36 pts)

Potter 15th (41 pts), 16th (41 pts) 

Not much of an upper curve on the pitch

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Proper weird as they're only a point behind us despite winning 1 in 13 lol Only lost 4 games though which is they key.

I think a top 10 finish this season would be a good improvement for them.

Show how average we have been. 

The had a great start winning 4 of the first 5, averaging 2.4 points per game.

Then they have taken 12 point from 13, averaging 0.92 points per game.

If that continues the are looking at 43 points.

Like you say he has made them hard to beat.

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Just seen Vardy is out for up to a month. You really have had some crap luck with injuries. 

Maybe Rodgers should go to the media whining that it's not fair and you can't realistically compete? Seems the done thing nowadays. 

Not sure it's luck, we do seem to get a lot of hamstring/ muscle injuries. Plenty of talk on here about the intensity of training being a factor.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Not sure it's luck, we do seem to get a lot of hamstring/ muscle injuries. Plenty of talk on here about the intensity of training being a factor.

Anyone remember the remix of Billy Davies saying "Hobbs stress fracture, Lansbury stress fracture" that's us right now, except we're not relying on Jonathan Greening 😂

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Omicron seems particularly contagious but less serious. They'll eventually only test if players have symptoms IMO. 

The ELF have already decided to remove match day testing to avoid last minute postponements.

31 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There will come a time when the premier League will just relax testing procedures. Wonder what percentage are symptomatic. Or suddenly be exempt from isolation periods. 

27 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Omicron seems particularly contagious but less serious. They'll eventually only test if players have symptoms IMO. 

Thing is this COVID won’t just disposer and there may well be various variants so we might potentially have this situation all the time even when most are vaccinated.

They will have to try and cope I guess as best as possible. 

Reading what rodgers said in his presser, it seems that we are under some pressure to rearrange games in Jan  

presumably the week after the fa cup game v Everton is feasible (if Norwich gets postponed then I would be looking to do that one for then) 

spurs cannot be that week as they’re playing league cup 

the following mid week must be left in case of fa cup replays (19th) 

then there is the midweek ahead of the fa cup 4th round 

Rodgers doesn’t want to play any rearranged games in Jan for obvious reasons 

if Everton have players back then they may push for 12th.  spurs will definitely push for 26th if they think our injured players will still be out. 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Reading what rodgers said in his presser, it seems that we are under some pressure to rearrange games in Jan  

presumably the week after the fa cup game v Everton is feasible (if Norwich gets postponed then I would be looking to do that one for then) 

spurs cannot be that week as they’re playing league cup 

the following mid week must be left in case of fa cup replays (19th) 

then there is the midweek ahead of the fa cup 4th round 

Rodgers doesn’t want to play any rearranged games in Jan for obvious reasons 

if Everton have players back then they may push for 12th.  spurs will definitely push for 26th if they think our injured players will still be out. 

FA Cup replays are scrapped for rounds 3 and 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

There will come a time when the premier League will just relax testing procedures. Wonder what percentage are symptomatic. Or suddenly be exempt from isolation periods. 

Hopefully will be sooner rather than later. Until testing gets scaled back there’s no chance of any normality.