Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

FA Cup replays are scrapped for rounds 3 and 4

Yes you’re right 

convinced spurs will push for our game to be on 19th as they don’t have many injuries  

EDIT: they won’t. They have arsenal and Chelsea over the weekends! 

Edited by st albans fox

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes you’re right 

convinced spurs will push for our game to be on 19th as they don’t have many injuries  

EDIT: they won’t. They have arsenal and Chelsea over the weekends! 

Yes, it's a bit of a mess/complicated. Which is why any more cancellations will make things even more tricky.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Another moaner of a manager. Then again, not for long, he'll not win anything this season and end up getting the boot.

Pep', Klopp, Tuchel they all start moaning around this time in their first season because of our "traditional" seasonal fixture. I don't really get the hate tbh, they have a right to speak out for their squad of players. For sure they have it easier than most other clubs/managers but I don't see why that matters. Maybe the other managers could speak out too and we can introduce a winter break into the schedule. If those other managers don't speak up and they are suffering then it's kind of on them. It's not a coincidence anymore how most foriegn managers respond to our Christmas schedule. As tradtions go maybe it's something we should discuss continuing. 

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

FFS, that didn't take long. 

Looking at free weeks to fit the games in 

first week feb

first week march

Third week April 

last week april

Second week may 

this also takes into account us making the final of the ECL 

there are plenty of free weeks without making us play in Jan when we have the AFCON boys away 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

I don't wanna hear any more clubs or managers crying about the schedule, most clubs at some point over Christmas have had games cancelled, there's your break, no doubt they'll be crying when all these games have to be slotted in somewhere - they do realise that, don't they?

Or you could be like Klopp crying for breaks, crying about the Christmas schedule, then when they get a game cancelled, get the break he's been demanding, go on to lose the following game and then cry if they'd have played the game that got cancelled, they'd have probably won the game they lost. :teehee:

It's beyond me why we have so many international breaks, 3 within the first 3 months of the season, increasing (during a pandemic) to 3 games during the international break, there is where your fixture pile up is caused.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't wanna hear any more clubs or managers crying about the schedule, most clubs at some point over Christmas have had games cancelled, there's your break, no doubt they'll be crying when all these games have to be slotted in somewhere.

Or you could be like Klopp crying for breaks, crying about the Christmas schedule, then when they get a game cancelled, get the break he's been demanding, go on to lose the following game and then cry if they'd have played the game that got cancelled, they'd have probably won the game they lost. :teehee:

I think Klopp has been a knob with all the moaning, but I thought he was fine after the game. He didn't say they'd have won if they'd played the other game, he said they'd have won if they played as well as he knows they can. He was laughing at the irony of his comments and then losing to a team that had had to put up with the very schedule he was moaning about.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So Man Utd are going to start thinking they are good again. 

Might finally get rid of Burnley this. year. Although they have a glimmer now, bit of a mad half. 

Burnley comeback on..

Man U kept one clean sheet at home all season .

How much did they pay for their defence ?

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This could be 10-1

I think Burnley look okay offensively, had at least 2 good chances before Man Utd scored.

Defensively not great and certainly missing Pope.

An enjoyable  watch tbh so far.