Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Am I the only one who thinks they've got every decision right so far?

Apart from the Ederson tackle, yes.

The slow-motion of that incident at HT showed he didn't get the ball.

Not a fan of McManaman saying 'stupid VAR' even though it did its job.

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Am I the only one who thinks they've got every decision right so far?

Pretty much ..  certainly no blatant wrong decisions ..  and jeez do those Gooners moan !!

Like to see them get beat now ..   :)

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

He half legs him over before the shirt pull to give him a reason for falling forwards then the shirt pull although a foul didn't cause him to go to ground. So really it's the leg impeding him that is the main cause if you assume it was sufficient to cause him to stumble.

I get that, but like rugby (and I hate making that comparison because it upsets people) they should overturn the decision for conduct, as in, the pathetic dive.

Won’t stop diving until it starts being punished. But I’m living in a fantasy world hoping they’ll ever do anything about it.

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Arsenal was doing so well, and then they implode like that, Hope you are enjoying it @weller54 :D

I also think the ref has got everything right. You can't pull shirts like that even though Silva dives to get the pen. 

No different to Maddison getting the penalty against Newcastle. If he wasn't touched, no penalty

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Apart from the Ederson tackle, yes.

The slow-motion of that incident at HT showed he didn't get the ball.

Not a fan of McManaman saying 'stupid VAR' even though it did its job.

Done your packing yet ? ….

Thomas Partey playing his best game for Arsenal here.

The kind of performance I eventually want from Soumare. Maybe it takes that kind of player a while to settle into the speed and rhythm of the Premier League game.

• Like 1

Ake's a good player, just think he lacks a little something compared to his teammates so constantly getting torn up by the likes of Mahrez & Silva in training every other day probably affects confidence. He was always a big fish at Bournemouth.

Is McManaman stupid?

'should the referee have gone to the monitor?'

He has to if he gets advised to? He's not exactly going to listen to VAR after being advised to, and then say 'nah actually I'm sticking with the decision even though you think I should go and check'. That would make a mockery of the rules in place.

• Like 1