Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Is McManaman stupid?

'should the referee have gone to the monitor?'

He has to if he gets advised to? He's not exactly going to listen to VAR after being advised to, and then say 'nah actually I'm sticking with the decision even though you think I should go and check'. That would make a mockery of the rules in place.

Yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Criggers said:

I get that, but like rugby (and I hate making that comparison because it upsets people) they should overturn the decision for conduct, as in, the pathetic dive.

Won’t stop diving until it starts being punished. But I’m living in a fantasy world hoping they’ll ever do anything about it.

Such statements make me laugh,  who is the cheater,  the shirt puller who is trying to gain a snidy advantage,  or the diver in this situation who is trying to get a just decision.  Hate cheating as much as the next man,  but need ensure the real perpetrators are identified.  PS Man City are culprits when committing those breaking up the play fouls,  should see a yellow every time.

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Edited by Robo61

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Is McManaman stupid?

'should the referee have gone to the monitor?'

He has to if he gets advised to? He's not exactly going to listen to VAR after being advised to, and then say 'nah actually I'm sticking with the decision even though you think I should go and check'. That would make a mockery of the rules in place.

the rule is that the var asks the ref what he saw 

if he describes what he saw and it’s fairly representative of what the var can see then there is no question of an overturn 

in this instance I guess he will have been asked if he saw a shirt tug after the ‘contact’ and how he saw the contact 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I don't get how ex players can commentate on their old teams games. 

Call out some absolute shite, so biased it's unreal. 

Most of these pundits were, at best, average players - Dublin, Keown, Murphy, Neville, Alan Smith, Micah Richards

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

I don't get how ex players can commentate on their old teams games. 

Call out some absolute shite, so biased it's unreal. 

It’s all part of the broadcasters’ self-serving agenda that only the ‘Big Six’ matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the rule is that the var asks the ref what he saw 

if he describes what he saw and it’s fairly representative of what the var can see then there is no question of an overturn 

in this instance I guess he will have been asked if he saw a shirt tug after the ‘contact’ and how he saw the contact 

I know mate, it was the fact that McManaman was even asking 'should the ref go and have a look?'

2 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Most of these pundits were, at best, average players - Dublin, Keown, Murphy, Neville, Alan Smith, Micah Richards

I didn't say they were best players on the world, just that I dont get how they can be put on these games?

Analysis after the game yeah crack on but during games? Shouldn't be done in my opinion.