Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

£30m! lol

He cost us that three years ago when he'd done nothing in club football and not played in England before. 

Wasn’t meaning to be insulting. But mendes hardly seems to move for much of a profit. 

you sold a younger Jota to prem rivals for similar. So I thought for an injured 30 yr old who would double his wages...mendes would make it happen. 

What do you think would be the fee then? 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very surprised if he lasts the season.

He's been dealt a massive challenge there. Of all the clubs in the league, arguably that is the hardest job as it stands. Too many veteran players whose contracts have expired / past it and don't have the clout to bring in many players. Their most exciting player last season in Eze is out till 2022. They have got a very good academy but to throw them in at the deep end with a new manager and potentially under pressure is a huge call.

As it stands they would be one of my favourites to go down, regardless of the manager in charge. Good luck to Vieira, he will need it.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

General consensus appears to be tomorrow

A week Monday.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

You beat me to it. Seems quite late to me but I suppose they’ve pretty much played 2 seasons back to back. 

Watford were back in a couple of days ago already. 

Their season finished earlier than ours. 

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very surprised if he lasts the season.

If Palace get relegated, and Vieira somehow is still there, think they should back him in restructuring the club and let him have a good go in gaining promotion.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They need to recruit quite a few players. His profile will help them do that.

Expect plenty of Man City youngsters to join them over the next few weeks would be my guess. They have to replace their ageing squad with younger players. 

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Wasn’t meaning to be insulting. But mendes hardly seems to move for much of a profit. 

you sold a younger Jota to prem rivals for similar. So I thought for an injured 30 yr old who would double his wages...mendes would make it happen. 

What do you think would be the fee then? 

Jota was £45m and he isn't as good a goalscorer as Jimenez. I'd be looking at £50m. That's assuming he recovers from his injury to his old levels. No-one is buying him until he proves that first. 

Been linked with Mbaye Diagne who was at West Brom.

Did seem to give them some sort of focal point up front but that probably isn't saying much and didn't get many goals although again probably not easy in a struggling side.

Least he'd know what to expect and well probably be better than Ashley Fletcher and any of our other strikers!

The other striker we have signed this summer managed to get himself ruled out of the game for refusing to get on the team bus!

:unsure::facepalm:
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:
Been linked with Mbaye Diagne who was at West Brom.

Did seem to give them some sort of focal point up front but that probably isn't saying much and didn't get many goals although again probably not easy in a struggling side.

Least he'd know what to expect and well probably be better than Ashley Fletcher and any of our other strikers!

The other striker we have signed this summer managed to get himself ruled out of the game for refusing to get on the team bus!

:unsure::facepalm:

Has he got a phobia towards Buses then?😂

Ben White has 36 Premier League appearances in his career, and 50 mil is being quoted. Chilwell had 99 PL appearances and about 10 England caps and he went for 50 mil. 

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We should be getting September's TV picks today - but you know how the Premier League works 

Updated fixture details:

Leicester City vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers
Premier League
Saturday 14 August (3pm kick-off)

West Ham United vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Monday 23 August (8pm kick-off)
Sky Sports

Norwich City vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Saturday 28 August (3pm kick-off)

Leicester City vs. Manchester City
Premier League
Saturday 11 September (3pm kick-off)

Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Sunday 19 September (2pm kick-off)

Leicester City vs. Burnley
Premier League
Saturday 25 September (3pm kick-off)

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Updated fixture details:

Leicester City vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers
Premier League
Saturday 14 August (3pm kick-off)

West Ham United vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Monday 23 August (8pm kick-off)
Sky Sports

Norwich City vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Saturday 28 August (3pm kick-off)

Leicester City vs. Manchester City
Premier League
Saturday 11 September (3pm kick-off)

Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Sunday 19 September (2pm kick-off)

Leicester City vs. Burnley
Premier League
Saturday 25 September (3pm kick-off)

we have one game on tv up to the end of September? 

• Like 1