Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

44 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

How is it worse,  the defender is grabbing the shirt of the attacker.  Again I thought as fans we want to see goals scored.

I see the shirt grabbing as part of the physicality. Shouldn’t happen I know, but like any sport it happens in the heat of the moment. You can compare it to a lot

of contact sports. Like grabbing a helmet in American football, or a high/late tackle in rugby. It just happens and it’s kinda natural. In your pursuit to succeed you go to far and commit a foul.

But diving is a conscious effort to cheat and deceive. Which I personally think is worse.

I want to see goals scored, even more so watching as a neutral, but I also want to see a game that is competed fairly and honestly by both sides.

13 minutes ago, Criggers said:

I see the shirt grabbing as part of the physicality. Shouldn’t happen I know, but like any sport it happens in the heat of the moment. You can compare it to a lot

of contact sports. Like grabbing a helmet in American football, or a high/late tackle in rugby. It just happens and it’s kinda natural. In your pursuit to succeed you go to far and commit a foul.

But diving is a conscious effort to cheat and deceive. Which I personally think is worse.

I want to see goals scored, even more so watching as a neutral, but I also want to see a game that is competed fairly and honestly by both sides.

13 minutes ago, Criggers said:

It is so obvious that as soon as the attacker feels the slightest touch, they will dive, arms raised sometimes screaming too. 1st degree cheating, but with the forensic evidence VAR can now provide there is really no excuse for not giving the cheat a red card. It would stop most of the divers overnight.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Criggers said:

Classic case of clutching at straws,  how on earth is a shot pull not a conscious effort and why is going down easily not just a natural reaction to a referee's not giving fouls when a player stays on their feet.  As I said on my first post I don't approve of either but I know which one is out and out cheating. 

The diving is a result of the fact that most of the time if you don't go down you'll seldom be awarded a penalty. Players know this so look for the slightest contact and then just go down. It's instilled in them. Refereeing needs to change before players stop diving at the smallest of contacts. Zero tolerance yellow card for any fall that isn't a penalty and that will make players think twice. Even Vardy does it. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

The diving is a result of the fact that most of the time if you don't go down you'll seldom be awarded a penalty. Players know this so look for the slightest contact and then just go down. It's instilled in them. Refereeing needs to change before players stop diving at the smallest of contacts. Zero tolerance yellow card for any fall that isn't a penalty and thay will make players think twice. Even Vardy does it. 

Agree with that it's to easy to win a peno in this day and age.

19 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Grabbing an opponents shirt is an offence and can result in a yellow card or even a sending off. No good trying to say it is acceptable in other sports, it's not in football.

Yellow card just been given in the Watford game for shirt pulling and rightly so. I rest my case.

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The diving is a result of the fact that most of the time if you don't go down you'll seldom be awarded a penalty. Players know this so look for the slightest contact and then just go down. It's instilled in them. Refereeing needs to change before players stop diving at the smallest of contacts. Zero tolerance yellow card for any fall that isn't a penalty and that will make players think twice. Even Vardy does it. 

There was an instance a few games back where Barnes was kicked in the box, no foul and the commentary team said "if he had gone down there that's a penalty". What I don't understand is why it's not a penalty, surely a foul is a foul?

Anyone watching this Spurs game on USA Today by chance? The co-commentator is a ****ing boomer:

Talking about Winks: ”It always amazes me that an England player needs direction when coming onto the pitch. If you’re an England player you should know what to do”

”Spurs have delivered poor quality from crosses. When I was playing you’d just pick an area and hit it”

Absolute dinosaur.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

Anyone watching this Spurs game on USA Today by chance? The co-commentator is a ****ing boomer:

Talking about Winks: ”It always amazes me that an England player needs direction when coming onto the pitch. If you’re an England player you should know what to do”

”Spurs have delivered poor quality from crosses. When I was playing you’d just pick an area and hit it”

Absolute dinosaur.

Jonathan Beck and Garry Birtles.  The C Team for sure -- we rarely get them.

Agree Birtles can be a disaster -- just blurts out his shite opinions and ends up eating his words with every other replay.

Strikes me as an older, ex-player studio talker who hasn't adequately kept up with the game -- a type much less tolerated in the states than the UK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Wtf is up with officiating in this country lol

Watford robbed of a clear peno

only saw it real time but looked like a clear pen as the keeper got nothing on it. Didn't even go to Var

Why was there such a fuss on BT about the Arsenal game? The Odegaard incident- Ederson got enough on the ball to not have it overturned. The Man City penalty- it was soft but there was a shirt pull, it's probably a foul without Silva needing to go down. Gabriel- clear yellow. 

Only real issues were the lack of yellows for Man City players. It really wasn't a controversial match littered with lots of officiating errors.

• Like 4