Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely any good player they sign will have relegation release clauses, otherwise they wouldn't risk going there.

And Newcastle have got enough money to be stupid enough to do that.

I hope they spend about 200 million, get relegated and recoup about 20 million when there's a fire sale.

That means they'll break even after paying wages and significant signing on bonuses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

And Newcastle have got enough money to be stupid enough to do that.

I hope they spend about 200 million, get relegated and recoup about 20 million when there's a fire sale.

That means they'll break even after paying wages and significant signing on bonuses.

It will be interesting to see how much money they are spending on a 31 year old right back. 

• Like 1

Newcastle were so unimportant now, they thought their honeymoon after being taken over will last forever interms of the media journalists etc talking about and being on sports channels all the time. But seems like nobody's interested in the after not getting their first choice managers and now seems like top players don't want to go their either. All the rest of the teams in the EPL are much more interesting/exciting then them.

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

It's so fuching obvious and cynical. Winds me up. Deserve to get relegated. 

It is getting obvious I agree. Postpone until they improve the squad with money. 

Edited by Ely fox

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They’ve played as many games as any of their peers down there ???

They have also had their last 2 games called off. Maybe they have only just realised how easy it is to get games called off

6 hours ago, Robo61 said:

Classic case of clutching at straws,  how on earth is a shot pull not a conscious effort and why is going down easily not just a natural reaction to a referee's not giving fouls when a player stays on their feet.  As I said on my first post I don't approve of either but I know which one is out and out cheating. 

Bit late on a reply here, sorry about that!

But I guess we won’t agree. Because I think someone throwing themselves to the floor in a manner that suggests you’ve been subjected to a force so great to prevent them running is pretty blatant cheating. More than a wee tug on a shirt.

I find diving as blatant cheating as someone grabbing their face pretending they’ve been elbowed. It didn’t happen. Don’t do it.

At least we agree that both things are wrong.

20 minutes ago, Criggers said:

Bit late on a reply here, sorry about that!

But I guess we won’t agree. Because I think someone throwing themselves to the floor in a manner that suggests you’ve been subjected to a force so great to prevent them running is pretty blatant cheating. More than a wee tug on a shirt.

I find diving as blatant cheating as someone grabbing their face pretending they’ve been elbowed. It didn’t happen. Don’t do it.

At least we agree that both things are wrong.

Think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

It will be interesting if the FA come out and say for the FA Cup 3rd round any team who cannot field a team will forfeit the tie. 
I would imagine then there would be few if any games called off.

It would also ensure the rest of the competition can go ahead.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It will be interesting if the FA come out and say for the FA Cup 3rd round any team who cannot field a team will forfeit the tie. 

Can't see this happening. It would destroy the integrity of the competition and also devalue the effort of the eventual winners. 

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Teams play weak sides in any case 

just stick half the U23 in if you can’t field enough first team squad players 

• Like 1

I have to say while I know grealish aint the most popular figure here and rightly so

He is another example with rodwell of players who suited a club and if it wasnt for money would have stayed at there clubs and been happier

grealish was the star at villa and he looks footballing wise miserable at city

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, twister said:

I have to say while I know grealish aint the most popular figure here and rightly so

He is another example with rodwell of players who suited a club and if it wasnt for money would have stayed at there clubs and been happier

Still early days for him to turn it around obviously… but what I don’t get is how Man C can scout him extensively and the manager have a word in his ear, clearly want the player etc. Yet it’s come to benching him every week?

34 minutes ago, twister said:

Let's be fair it wasn't for money he just wanted to win things