Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

42 minutes ago, KFS said:

Still early days for him to turn it around obviously… but what I don’t get is how Man C can scout him extensively and the manager have a word in his ear, clearly want the player etc. Yet it’s come to benching him every week?

Mahrez struggled in his first year at Man City too. Going from being the star in one team to being just a small cog in another team is tough at the best of times, but when you layer on the fact that you have to learn a very different way of playing at Man City it is a really challenging. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Lukaku dropped from the Chelsea squad.

Seriously, I don't know where players get off these days. Paid huge sums to play football, supported through injuries (and covid infections) and spouting off to some media outlet about not being happy to be a 'bit part' player. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but some opinions are best not thrown out in public. 

Tuchel seems to divide opinion on here, but deserves some praise for removing the player from the squad. Rotten apples and all that..

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That Lanzini goal was sensational yesterday. West Ham have built a great squad over the last few years, recruitment is the most important factor in success.

I know Moyes didn't win anything at Everton but I always felt he built a good squad there/he overachieved with players that he was getting from lower PL sides and Championship sides such as Cahill, Baines, Yakubu. On top of the likes of Fellaini, Arteta etc coming from abroad.

He seems to be doing the same now. He's brought in Bowen, Soucek, Coufal, Benrahama, Dawson, Zouma... it's similar to the type of players he was getting in at Everton. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I know Moyes didn't win anything at Everton but I always felt he built a good squad there/he overachieved with players that he was getting from lower PL sides and Championship sides such as Cahill, Baines, Yakubu. On top of the likes of Fellaini, Arteta etc coming from abroad.

He seems to be doing the same now. He's brought in Bowen, Soucek, Coufal, Benrahama, Dawson, Zouma... it's similar to the type of players he was getting in at Everton. 

Thought this yesterday. He’s good at bringing in physically robust players to play a certain way. For example, I saw him absolutely berating Coufal on the sidelines yesterday when he dared to question the system lol 

Put it this way, if the arrogance of Man U hadn’t driven him away they’d not be in the shambles they are currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He was left with a terrible team at Manchester United, that had overachieved with what they had. He was never given adequate time to build that squad back up. Albeit, he didn’t help himself. 

Anyone following Alex Ferguson was destined to fail. 

Can’t stand Villa. Get some many cheap free kicks and then Ramsey going down for a head ’injury’ whilst Brentford were attacking.

Officials should make a player sub for 10 mins if he stays down for treatment following a head injury. Will cut this cheat out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

Everton look so poor. Definitely beating us 

Rafa must be close to calling it a day.

Year after year, Everton disappoint. As an outsider, looks like club need a complete overhaul. Their fans have had a rubbish 25 years. 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Brentford look - again - total shite. Fully expect them to shithouse their umpteenth point though, which they've done so far 

I hope they dragged into the relegation mix as Thomas Frank is a bit of a nob. Mind Natalie Sawyer has a some good points.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

BBC live commentary. 

Does the guy writing this know what constitutes as an effort on target?

Screenshot_20220102-143248_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220102-143242_Chrome.jpg

I suspected recent BBC live commentaries were Google-translated from Urdu written by somebody watching in Pakistan.  This proves it.