Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Brighton game moved to Sunday but is not being shown on TV. 

Poor show, if a games moved from Sat 3pm, unless a scheduled midweek game, should be televised.

Sadly, I think TV companies will benefit from this lockdown as people will have gotten used to watching every game on tv

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Poor show, if a games moved from Sat 3pm, unless a scheduled midweek game, should be televised.

Sadly, I think TV companies will benefit from this lockdown as people will have gotten used to watching every game on tv

I think the only reason this has moved though is because of the Europa League on the Thursday before? i might be wrong though? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I think the only reason this has moved though is because of the Europa League on the Thursday before? i might be wrong though? 

Correct and the 2pm kick off reflects that they don’t want a clash with the 4.30 game for broadcasting reasons internationally.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

we have one game on tv up to the end of September? 

It looks that way mate, happy days 🙌🏻

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Correct and the 2pm kick off reflects that they don’t want a clash with the 4.30 game for broadcasting reasons internationally.

There will be a 2pm game being shown live on tv on the Sunday as well? 

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why? It’s been moved because we are in Europe., and wouldn’t have been on tv had we not been in Europe. 

There will always be a stream of our games anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, West Ham vs Man Utd aka the Tevez Derby aka the Moyes Derby aka the Jesse Lingard Derby. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep, West Ham vs Man Utd aka the Tevez Derby aka the Moyes Derby aka the Jesse Lingard Derby. 

I thought it was the Ince Ferdinand  Carrick Evra Derby :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah agreed but PL don’t like it clashing with the main 4.30 kick off. Its all to do with the presentation/how they sell the international rights for television - the 4.30pm gets the full studio with guests treatment (some countries receive the same feed). While they prefer the ability to show both games at 2. 

Years back if you played on Sunday due to Europa League, you could kick off at 3pm but the PL have pushed back on that. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

The Stuart Pearson and Les Sealey derby for the older ones.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Why the hell do Man City want him? Ake can barely get a game as it is with Stones/Dias/Laporte ahead of him. 

They don't need to play him. It weakens a rival that might otherwise snap him up. They didn't really need Mahrez and barely played him in the first season but it seriously weakened a threat to their ambitions. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Very surprised our game against Man City didn't go to TV, considering the other choices (for the Saturday) are Palace vs Spurs and Chelsea vs Villa. 

Sure I read somewhere that the TV companies have to show each team at lest once at home so they get them dome early doors. Hence some TV bankers don't come to fruition. I think we have more Saturday 15:00 games in the first 2 months than in the last 2 seasons combined!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sure I read somewhere that the TV companies have to show each team at lest once at home so they get them dome early doors. Hence some TV bankers don't come to fruition. I think we have more Saturday 15:00 games in the first 2 months than in the last 2 seasons combined!

We have Man United in our fourth home match, that will be on TV.

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I wonder why Alioski is leaving Leeds and where he will end up 

There was rumours earlier in the season that he was going to Galatasaray as the Leeds fans were not happy at all about it. 

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Absolutely crazy that we didn't go back in for Trincao if we were genuinely interested last year. Barcelona are finished.

And they still need to give Messi what he wants on top of reducing that wage bill. No wonder they're desperate to get rid of Coutinho.