Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Think that's it for man city now, would take an epic bottle job to lose it now

I dunno, probably, but their squad is light in one or two key areas (as mad as that is with their budget) and its such an unpredictable time because of covid and injuries. If they're forced to play a few games low on forwards or centre backs or something then you never know. Especially when all the rearranged games start running in to their European matches etc. 

But then again obviously Liverpool have the AFCON to contend with and Chelsea seem to have issues in the squad so who knows. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't know it what context Carragher said that this evening, however...

You know what, I wouldn't be opposed to something like this.

Similar to a rugby union sin bin.

Ice hockey do it too with a sin bin.

There are offences that deserve more than a yellow, but not quite a red.

Prime example being Chiellini pulling back Saka in the Euros.

Give them 5/8/10 minutes in the sin bin.

They’ve been using sin bins for the last 2 or 3 seasons at youth and grass roots levels just for dissent, it’s not really working because of the lack of consistency but there’s definitely potential to use them more. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Assistant referees are pretty much redundant anyway at elite level.

Could easily have someone at Stockley Park in the refs ear instead.

Yep. Watch the referee closely when there’s a half contentious decision he’ll point which way the ball is going and then the Lino will flag. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Noticed that, very rare that the lino goes the opposite way.

I remember a ref coming out and saying that he tells the linos before that game that he will make the decisions, and the lino's just need to agree with him. Might have been Clattenburg.  

Maybe each ref is different and some use the lino's and some think they don't need them. 

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

I remember a ref coming out and saying that he tells the linos before that game that he will make the decisions, and the lino's just need to agree with him. Might have been Clattenburg.  

Maybe each ref is different and some use the lino's and some think they don't need them. 

Clattenburg is dodgy as ****. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, adam said:

See Everton are  spending another 10 million quid on a full back from Rangers. They love a new signing. 

Very odd given they are perilously close to breaching FFP. Not even Rangers 1st choice right back either 😂