Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Absolutely crazy that we didn't go back in for Trincao if we were genuinely interested last year. Barcelona are finished.

As a few said at the time, it may have involved Mendes rather than just us not trying. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corky said:

We have Man United in our fourth home match, that will be on TV.

You would think so. I am due to go on holiday on the Sunday (assuming it goes ahead). So I could do with it being a Saturday early/late KO. Already due to miss about 4/5 home games due to being away (again assuming all goes ahead).

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I reckon this is the one season were this could be the better approach 

It’s worth remembering that we had a much longer season, and will have a longer season than a regular side because of the cup competitions 

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I reckon this is the one season were this could be the better approach 

Interestingly this season most players will be back quite early. I imagine the Belgian players and Kasper might still be 1-2 weeks away, possibly Soyuncu too, but pretty much everyone else either through injury or international retirement should be available. Could give us an advantage in the early part of the season. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interestingly this season most players will be back quite early. I imagine the Belgian players and Kasper might still be 1-2 weeks away, possibly Soyuncu too, but pretty much everyone else either through injury or international retirement should be available. Could give us an advantage in the early part of the season. 

Good point. I'm glad Belgium got knocked out when they did so Youri could actually have a bit of time off.  Stupid amount of games that lad has played over the last couple of years 

50 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Good point. I'm glad Belgium got knocked out when they did so Youri could actually have a bit of time off.  Stupid amount of games that lad has played over the last couple of years 

Soumare was clearly brought with one eye on giving him a rest every now and again. We were extremely fortunate he didn't get injured at all last season, given how many other players of ours were crocked! Perhaps KDH can also step in for some cup games too.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 17:37, UniFox21 said:

Few clubs into pre-season today, wonder if we'd be disadvantaged starting a week later?

This on Barnes' instagram story implies at least some of them have started?

CF4679DB-5BC3-40F4-A6BB-65533E3D9AD2.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Man this guy has so much tunnel vision. 

The success on the pitch wasn’t the issue, it was because he created a toxic environment which was taking them backwards. 

With Spurs he soon got found out, he couldn’t adapt and again was going to take them backwards again. 

He’s simply a dinosaur.  Players don’t take the rubbish he gives them as well as they would have done 10 years ago. 

On 06/07/2021 at 09:01, KrefelderFox666 said:

You would think so. I am due to go on holiday on the Sunday (assuming it goes ahead). So I could do with it being a Saturday early/late KO. Already due to miss about 4/5 home games due to being away (again assuming all goes ahead).

Personally think we've lucked out this summer! 

The internationals we did have (bar kasper) didn't get as far as expected, even Youri has got slightly more of a rest than expected! Castagne is the exception obviously with the injury, but really we just need to be grateful he isn't blind!  

Both our signings so far have had a full summers rest too! 

Hopefully means everyone will be raring to go next week :) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's factually correct that his achievements at United was dismissed. But tbf, Ole isn't exactly treated with respect. He's the most disrespected manager in the league by pundits and fans. He's still called a Norwegians PE teacher. So no Jose, what Ole is doing. Isn't considered great success by anyone. Spurs is another story they're not a huge club so getting to a cup final and finishing 4th is success regardless who the manager is.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

managerial career.

Jose Mourinho's managerial honours
Club Major trophies
Porto (2002-04) Primeira Liga (x2), Champions League, Uefa Cup (now Europa League), Portuguese Cup
Chelsea (2004-07 and 2013-15) Premier League (x3), FA Cup, League Cup (x3)
Inter Milan (2008-10) Serie A (x2), Champions League, Coppa Italia
Real Madrid (2010-13) La Liga, Copa del Rey
Manchester United (2016-18) Europa League, League Cup
Tottenham (2019-21) None

Poor Spurs… 

• Haha 4