Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, TK95 said:

You wonder where United go if this Rangnick project goes South

I don't think they have the players in key areas to do what he wants them to do. I think actually building a style of play and basing their managerial appointments on that is the way to go. I think keeping him as a consultant is the still the right thing to do. Don't expect him to achieve anything special this season, he's just there to start the ball rolling. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

It's mind boggling how they keep cashing in off the Manu brand name. They've been bollox for over a decade now. Are people just stupidly sentimental or what?

It’s a brand, they make a ton of money, it’s probably enough for most of their owners Imwould imagine. Almost like they are only  a football club only on rare accidental moments.

However, I do wonder how many years of finishing behind Liverpool the local fans can accept.

Just now, cruzFOX said:

It's mind boggling how they keep cashing in off the Manu brand name. They've been bollox for over a decade now. Are people just stupidly sentimental or what?

Liverpool were still huge as a result of past glories up until they won the league again. 

9 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I reckon we could convince Rashford and  Greenwood to join us in the summer. Would be decent additions to our squad. 

Greenwood was their best player tonight and they took him off! No chance they sell him though.

Man United are reminiscent of Liverpool after 1990. Ten years or so without a serious title challenge, no European Cup, a few domestic and the odd UEFA Cup trophies.

They'll always have the name and the brand but it's not just nine years without the title, it's nine years of being nowhere near it.

• Like 3

Surprising to me how ordinary Bruno Fernandez looks this season....He’s a player I hate with his cheating and constantly in the refs face but he looked world class in 19/20 when he quite literally was a one man show and took them into 4th place at our expense. Was good most of last season as well but was poor at Euros and very ordinary this season with only the odd flash of quality 

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Ole signed so many average players at the start in the his 'sign Brits only'. Players like Wan-Bissaka are so ordinary, how can he be worth 50m and why does Van Der Beek never get a game?

AWB looked brilliant in his season at Crystal Palace. I’m not sure he was a £50m player, however all the stats pointed to him being a top player. However, what on Earth has happened, as he’s regressed. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

AWB looked brilliant in his season at Crystal Palace. I’m not sure he was a £50m player, however all the stats pointed to him being a top player. However, what on Earth has happened, as he’s regressed. 

AWB has turned into a right sided Bertrand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Was thinking about Man Utd’s squad earlier, and I cannot believe they are all bad players, but they have been very badly coached and managed for some time, and not just this current squad, but for most recent squads. It almost feels that players look at it that when you have moved to Man Utd, you have made it, you have completed football. To underperform so consistently, with the resources and benefits they possess is just negligent.

note : Don’t care, it’s funny. :D

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

United have operated like it’s still 2009 off the pitch for too long. If they give Rangnick a free reign to implement changes they’ll be a force again over the coming seasons.

An underrated part of Man City’s success is how long they spent building up their back room team. Bringing in Ferran Soriano & Txiki Bregristain is what landed them Pep.

The situation at United is much rosier in the summer if they have Ten Haag in charge, a new CB and DM. 

• Like 2

Man United will still be able to attract top players. It takes a lot for a team like that to really drop their brand. 

For example - if the Arabs left Man City tomorrow, they'd sink like a stone in the global standings. Man United can probably survive a good 3-4 years with no Europe and still be relatively well thought of by the international fans. 

22 minutes ago, Stadt said:

United have operated like it’s still 2009 off the pitch for too long. If they give Rangnick a free reign to implement changes they’ll be a force again over the coming seasons.

An underrated part of Man City’s success is how long they spent building up their back room team. Bringing in Ferran Soriano & Txiki Bregristain is what landed them Pep.

The situation at United is much rosier in the summer if they have Ten Haag in charge, a new CB and DM. 

I think the problem is united is they go out, spent a whole lot money on one player before asking "where will he fit in?" Just feels like United just panic everytime now. Seems like they watch how man city and Chelsea do there big buys in the summer and feel they must do the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishfoxkev said:

Surprising to me how ordinary Bruno Fernandez looks this season....He’s a player I hate with his cheating and constantly in the refs face but he looked world class in 19/20 when he quite literally was a one man show and took them into 4th place at our expense. Was good most of last season as well but was poor at Euros and very ordinary this season with only the odd flash of quality 

I’ve always thought he was massively overrated, for every goal he scores or lucky assist he gets he tries to play a 40 years cross field pass and hits it out for a throw in or to the oppositions full back. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He looked good at Palace in an old school English full back sense, he tackled and cleared the ball brilliantly but he’s far from the modern full back that’s needed in todays game like Ricky P, Trippier or TAA.  I remember someone on here saying when UTD bought AWB that they’d pair £50m for a 21 year old Danny Simpson the same year we have him away for nothing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

He looked good at Palace in an old school English full back sense, he tackled and cleared the ball brilliantly but he’s far from the modern full back that’s needed in todays game like Ricky P, Trippier or TAA.  I remember someone on here saying when UTD bought AWB that they’d pair £50m for a 21 year old Danny Simpson the same year we have him away for nothing. 

Old school can be successful

though, as we proved in 15/16. In fairness it would maybe suit the other defenders they have in Maguire, Lindeloff etc. 

Ragnarock is a pressing coach and United don’t have the players to do it. It’s a major overhaul.

Ronaldo, Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho, Greenwood etc don’t fit that style 

• Like 1

I know he was never worth £80m but I swear Utd have made Maguire much much worse (not based on today I know). Dunno if it's the pressure of the lack of an Evans type next to him, but he's really regressed.

You compare that to the likes of Mahrez and Kante who have seemed to improve their game after leaving.