Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I know what you're saying but a draft system and no promotion or relegation in American sports isn't exactly it either ;)

Actually not my intention to compare it to our franchise system.  What blows me away is that --despite promotion and relegation -- your working class game became so hidebound and class-ridden regarding the stature of its clubs.

Apparently because that’s how most people like it?  Which seems strange to a Yank.

I’d love to get input on that.  Doesn’t belong here though.  I'll use my talent for starting threads that sink like stones, and give it a try over in General Football.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Karma moves in mysterious ways doesn’t it? Liverpool looking increasingly unlikely to play their first leg of the Carabao Cup Semi final. If we’d have progressed we would have been fielding Dave from Braunstone and Tom from Ibstock at the back. 

Sorry but Tom from ibstock is injured i hear, slipped and fell on his bum, he's ok to do the plumbing work but not fit enough for prem football... 😐

50 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Eriksen says he's keen to come back to the premier league, avaliable on a free Brendan...

Tbh I think he'll go back to Tottenham.

I'd love to see him back and playing, tbh for anyone at any level, even spursy's and i would even..... Applaud him.... Even if it was..... Spurs... 😷... (gritted teeth)

Seems like a good bloke.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Coach trip to the darts?

Apparently Thomas asked him if he wanted to join them at the darts. salah said he’d sick of the sight of him and said he’s going Tesco instead, caught it standing in the checkout queue. Guess the darts was a good call after all. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm surprised Trippier has taken the gamble now, thought he'd wait til the summer, see what division they are in. Seems pretty strange as appeared to be doing alright in Spain. Homesick and the earning potential at Newcastle I guess. 

And a relegation release clause no doubt.

1 hour ago, twister said:

villa were made to play there youth team in the carabao cup

liverpool lose about four players to covid and suddenly they want the cup semi off

go away

No doubt they will get it called off as well. 

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm surprised Trippier has taken the gamble now, thought he'd wait til the summer, see what division they are in. Seems pretty strange as appeared to be doing alright in Spain. Homesick and the earning potential at Newcastle I guess. 

Trippier and gambling go hand in hand 

35 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Seems win win really, gonna get paid stacks and I imagine the get out clause will basically make his options endless 

48 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Trippier could be gambling his England spot here, why pick a right back that is playing for a club at the bottom of the league. Least in Madrid he was playing Champions League football every week which pretty cemented his place in the England squad. I can understand wanting a return to England, but I think there was better offers on the table if waited.

I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle loaned a couple of their higher earners (basically their January signings) out to premier league sides next season if they do go down this year. It's looking like the relegation zone at the end up the season will be three of the current bottom four. Leeds and Everton have a decent buffer and I can see both of them pulling away. Tough to call who will be the one that survives, I backed Burnley because of their manager but I'm not entirely sure. Norwich are the only one that I'm completely writing off. 

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

The book value of their squad would be way more than that alone. Does seem very cheap.

Well if you think Vestergaard is worth £14m, then sure, the rest of the Southampton squad are worth £100M combined lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

This is an amazing image.  They were beaten before they kicked off.

Greenwood, Shaw and de gea look beaten and like they don't wish to be there. Jones and maybe Mctominay are the only ones looking even close to being up for it

• Like 1