Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

So Liverpool defended for wanting to call off a game after players go to big events, but leicester are slated for it? Nice. 

"Liverpool attempt to force the EFL's hand at postponing game"

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 3

No doubt he will be in a VIP section away from the rest anyway

https://www.record.pt/internacional/paises/inglaterra/detalhe/mendy-transferido-para-uma-das-prisoes-mais-violentas-do-pais-vao-gritar-o-nome-dele-todas-as-noites?ref=HP_DestaquesPrincipais

Mendy transferred to one of the most violent prisons in the country: "They'll scream his name every night"

Benjamin Mendy continued to live in complicated times. In August of last year he was charged with four counts of rape and one of sexual abuse and was held in pre-trial detention until the date of the hearing. After that, he was denied bail and Mendy will remain in preventive detention until the date of the trial - January 24, 2022.

However, after being suspended by Manchester City, being harshly criticized by public opinion and even being removed from the FIFA video game, Mendy was charged with yet another crime of rape, bringing the number of charges related to this crime to seven.

It was known this Tuesday that the Manchester City player was transferred from a prison in Liverpool to another in Manchester, where despite being safer, he will be targeted by other prisoners.

The 27-year-old was released from HMP Altcourse Prison before Christmas Eve and is now in Manchester's Strangeways Prison, considered one of England's harshest and most violent. This change was prompted by the conditions of Strangeways, category A prison.

"He can't even dream of arriving from Altercourse, a privately run prison, and landing here, in one of the most violent prisons in our country. The other problem is the number of Manchester United supporters who are here," revealed a source. prison unit to 'The Sun'.

"They'll scream his name for weeks and he won't even be able to sleep, especially since he's accused of sexual offences. There are also City supporters here, but they won't step in to defend someone accused of rape," he said.

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Main one I've seen is Salah at a wedding. 

Wasn’t that last season though ?

Ties put back a week with Liverpool now at home first it seems .

2nd leg on 20th

https://mobile.twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1478711363346497538?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1478711363346497538|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1478711363346497538

Edited by Super_horns

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Greenwood, Shaw and de gea look beaten and like they don't wish to be there. Jones and maybe Mctominay are the only ones looking even close to being up for it

I think Shaw and De Gea could just be getting in the zone as it were. Some people look to the ground to avoid distractions.

Greenwood though, looks like a teenager dragged to the supermarket by his mum. He really doesn't want to be there. He looks fed up and the game hasn't even started yet. That's poor man management imo. These are people too and his manager should be able to pick up on a bad attitude.

• Like 1

Just now, Domsdad said:

Not sure what’s being said in the dressing room before each half but it’s not working

AC29D182-0C0F-4F0A-8FEC-D2B3CFFDAD71.png

Interesting stats, I wonder if it’s down to Morgan being out the dressing room? Obvs didn’t play much, but he was a leader through and through (when not COVID partying)

6 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Interesting stats, I wonder if it’s down to Morgan being out the dressing room? Obvs didn’t play much, but he was a leader through and through (when not COVID partying)

It’s probably down to our tactics not working until we’ve had a chance to tweak them …….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Loadsa moneh!!!

Reminder that when we won the league we weren't able to increase our wage bill by more than 7% thanks to Short Term Cost Control - meaning we couldn't sign better quality players or match Chelsea's salary offer for Kante.

Relegation threatened Newcastle are about to increase theirs by 10% mid season with just one signing.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Reminder that when we won the league we weren't able to increase our wage bill by more than 7% thanks to Short Term Cost Control - meaning we couldn't sign better quality players or match Chelsea's salary offer for Kante.

Relegation threatened Newcastle are about to increase theirs by 10% mid season with just one signing.

And people wonder why a load of us ****ing hate them. This is cheating.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

And people wonder why a load of us ****ing hate them. This is cheating.

It's more the structure and changeability of the rules that irks me.

Also worth remembering that when we won the league, we didn't even get the most in prize money. We were 5th.

If I were Suze I'd be pointing this out at every meeting.

The Trippier transfer makes sense to me, albeit its a bit of a gamble.

He's born in Bury which is likely where some of his family still live. Less than 3hrs from Newcastle, and there's nothing to say he won't live even closer to Bury & just have a longer commute to training & matches.

In terms of money, he's probably going to be earning very similar to what most players his age would have to go to China etc for.

I really don't think Newcastle will go down, and if they ride the storm for the remainder of this season, I think next season will look very different. 

The talk with the owners about their plans, goals and intended other target, clearly drew him in.

It seems crazy to leave sunny Madrid, for Newcastle,  but it does make sense.

• Like 1

Randomly posting this here but wasn't he at the darts with the lads at the weekend? Article says he was amongst a number of Senegal players who tested positive for COVID before they flew out to their first match

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If he stays injury free, then I think he’ll go right to the top. I genuinely think this Arsenal team with a few additions will challenge for the league in a few years if they stay together. 

I get the Martinelli and Vardy comparison too - both slight but got massive fight in them and chase after every loose ball. Ramsdale said about this on a recent podcast with Ben Foster. Also said his finishing is ridiculous and have to say he has taken a few goals very well lately. Scary he’s only what, 21/22? 

I genuinely wouldn't be against Arsenal winning the league. They've always had a good history of youth and providing players for the national squad, Arteta seems a decent bloke and they try to play good football. 

Their fans are fuching awful, mind.