Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And the results are in. 

Unsurprisingly Michail Antonio is the most economic striker in the league so far this year and Tino Werner is... erm, not. 

You're going to have to forgive the ropey photo of my monitor. 

Goals are Premier League for current club only. Results ordered by cost per goal in 21/22 to date. 

Fabio Silva probably should be worse than Joelinton by virtue of not actually scoring at all and costing only slightly less. Obviously the whole thing is pretty crude. 

Oh and YTD is counted roughly in weeks since July 1st not the first game of the season as every football manager player knows that's when the season really starts. The whole thing is a big arbitrary anyway as I doubt anyone is taking this as gospel. 

20220106_114901.jpg

Snipping tool......

Thought better of you

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

been confirmed 3 Liverpool players had covid then along with Klopp and his Assistant. 

So why did their cup game get called off?? 

I thought the league and everyone else was against Liverpool?? Seems like they are getting a few favours

There were apparently multiple suspected cases awaiting PCR confirmation.  i don't expect to hear anything on those until tomorrow's fa cup press conference. anyone who was positive yesterday cannot play on saturday. 

I see Leeds United are to ban the parents/guardians of kids who run onto the pitch after a match for 12 months from their stadium because it is breaking the 'Red Zone Area' that the pitch is supposedly part of.

That's all well and good but what about the players that go into the crowd celebrating a goal? Cant see them getting any punishment and surely that is more of a concern and something all clubs should be stopping.

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

Seeing Man United as they are now is absolutely class. They used to be the epitome of winning machine; efficient, calculated and cold blooded, they just won and won and won. Now they’re a complete parody, absolutely opposite. It’s glorious, I never thought they’d ever fall this hard. Obviously they’ll probably be back up there one day, but funny for the time being. 

I'm loving it. It's providing me with a lot of the entertainment that my own team aren't, currently.

I've been watching a lot of their fan channel stuff, and it seems like this could just be the start of something. I think they have 17 players who want out, there are players who want Ronaldo and Rangnick out, they've got Mike Phelan back in to sort the mess out, etc. It's a club that is rotten to the core, and it's hard to see how they sort it out. It is glorious. Absolutely.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 11:04, hejammy said:

Refereeing needs to change before players stop diving at the smallest of contacts. Zero tolerance

On 01/01/2022 at 09:03, Criggers said:

Won’t stop diving until it starts being punished.

NewRules.thumb.jpg.20e223e9ce47b3d2a4d29a98d63898d2.jpg

Suggested rules change.  Discuss ...

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's even better for people our age who grew up with people at school clinging to Man United just because they won everything.

Was literally going to put this at the start of my post. Going to school in the 2000’s being a Leicester fan surrounded by Man U fans was tough. Makes it sweeter. I suppose it’s Man City for kids at school now. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

And the results are in. 

Unsurprisingly Michail Antonio is the most economic striker in the league so far this year and Tino Werner is... erm, not. 

You're going to have to forgive the ropey photo of my monitor. 

Goals are Premier League for current club only. Results ordered by cost per goal in 21/22 to date. 

Fabio Silva probably should be worse than Joelinton by virtue of not actually scoring at all and costing only slightly less. Obviously the whole thing is pretty crude. 

Oh and YTD is counted roughly in weeks since July 1st not the first game of the season as every football manager player knows that's when the season really starts. The whole thing is a big arbitrary anyway as I doubt anyone is taking this as gospel. 

20220106_114901.jpg

Am I the only person who spent 5 minutes looking up and down the list for Vardy?

• Haha 1