Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Cannot believe that Benteke earns 120k a week.

I'd be amazed if he still does. He signed a new deal after years of being pure dog shit but I do believe when he joined them he was paid north of 100k a week. His new deal surely was a pay cut  let alone a pay increase!

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Seeing Man United as they are now is absolutely class. They used to be the epitome of winning machine; efficient, calculated and cold blooded, they just won and won and won. Now they’re a complete parody, absolutely opposite. It’s glorious, I never thought they’d ever fall this hard. Obviously they’ll probably be back up there one day, but funny for the time being. 

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm loving it. It's providing me with a lot of the entertainment that my own team aren't, currently.

I've been watching a lot of their fan channel stuff, and it seems like this could just be the start of something. I think they have 17 players who want out, there are players who want Ronaldo and Rangnick out, they've got Mike Phelan back in to sort the mess out, etc. It's a club that is rotten to the core, and it's hard to see how they sort it out. It is glorious. Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

It's even better for people our age who grew up with people at school clinging to Man United just because they won everything.

Man United now are like what Liverpool have been for most of my life... not challening for titles, trying to battle out for top 4 and maybe the odd domestic cup win (even though Liverpool won a CL under Rafa also).

Never forget the part we've played in their downfall too.

True, nobody could have predicted we'd achieve what we have, but that 5-3 was definitely a huge blow to their ego at the time. 

Plus, we made them pay £80m up front for Harry ****ing Maguire lol. Never let them forget that.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can we also ban parents who let their kids turn up with them shitty cardboard placards begging footballers for shirts, boots or anything else they can scrounge for free. 

Absolutely this, don`t know what`s worse them asking or the players being daft enough to comply, it`s not just kids either, and in these times of the "c" word it can`t be good to hand someone a sweaty, snotty shirt can it ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can we also ban parents who let their kids turn up with them shitty cardboard placards begging footballers for shirts, boots or anything else they can scrounge for free. 

You seen that girl who does it at every away game. Fvck me. Players must have caught on now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

You just know the parents keep the stuff aswell. 

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Seeing Man United as they are now is absolutely class. They used to be the epitome of winning machine; efficient, calculated and cold blooded, they just won and won and won. Now they’re a complete parody, absolutely opposite. It’s glorious, I never thought they’d ever fall this hard. Obviously they’ll probably be back up there one day, but funny for the time being. 

It's been like that, and even worse for the past 6-7 years maybe longer? Theyll never be like they were before, not these days. 

Edited by bfox

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Because it’s embarrassing or a COVID risk? 

Edited by casablancas
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

So Newcastle announce the signing of Tripper and in the picture he is covering up the badge and pointing to the sponsor on the sleeve. Has he missed the badge or deliberately pointing to the sponsor?

3A4744C5-968B-41B6-9D04-64CDB64DC22B.jpeg

No idea what he’s doing with his finger but he sure has sad eyes/false smile in this pic. Hope all their signing’s flop.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Manini said:

Was literally going to put this at the start of my post. Going to school in the 2000’s being a Leicester fan surrounded by Man U fans was tough. Makes it sweeter. I suppose it’s Man City for kids at school now. 

This is why the worn-out, totally unfunny 'Emptyhad' jokes will become completely irrelevant. Once the kids that started supporting Man City are old enough to go to games off their own back you will see a full stadium every week. 

• Like 2

our re-arranged fixtures are farcical, problem of being a club our size even when Brendan moans none of the national media pick it up

really disheartening going to have to watch 14 players hack away in Jan, hopefully fans just fully get behind them as nearly all of us can recognise how much of a joke it is 

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

You seen that girl who does it at every away game. Fvck me. Players must have caught on now.

Apparently she's managed to get lorry loads of stuff by doing it over the years. Her dad (who is also a massive, entitled whopper btw) stands behind her and shouts and points to the sign. It's just gross hogging of the stuff. I know adults might end up getting it but I much prefer flinging it in the crowd, at least there's some variety of who gets what, instead of whoever brings the biggest sign.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

So Newcastle announce the signing of Tripper and in the picture he is covering up the badge and pointing to the sponsor on the sleeve. Has he missed the badge or deliberately pointing to the sponsor?

3A4744C5-968B-41B6-9D04-64CDB64DC22B.jpeg

Debbie McGee, what was it that first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?

15 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Were you ever a child? It's not about scrounging is it, it's something they remember forever, it's exciting for a child to interact with their heroes. 

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Coutinho signed for Villa - could be big if he gets anywhere near his Liverpool form.

Unbelievable signing. Still in his prime and will be desperate to play and price a point and Gerrard will get the best out of him.

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Coutinho signed for Villa - could be big if he gets anywhere near his Liverpool form.

I imagine it will be very similar to the James Rodriguez to Everton move. Immediate purple patch of good form which will drop off before it turns sour and he collects a massive weekly wage without playing.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Guess it's a way of selling a bunch of special edition kits? 

Not for sale actually, being given out to members of community,

"The kits will not be commercially available and will be awarded only to individuals who are making a positive difference in the community."

I assumed the same in all honesty.