Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, ren said:

I imagine it will be very similar to the James Rodriguez to Everton move. Immediate purple patch of good form which will drop off before it turns sour and he collects a massive weekly wage without playing.

Totally different. James hadn't played in this country before, and has never had a prolonged period of form. He had one good world cup. Coutinho knows the league and working with Gerrard I think is perfect for him 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not for sale actually, being given out to members of community,

"The kits will not be commercially available and will be awarded only to individuals who are making a positive difference in the community."

I assumed the same in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

What a cynic. They ain't selling them

Aaaahh, so it's the cockney scalpers that'll see all the cash from ebay :ph34r:

Cynic? Me? 

23 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Were you ever a child? It's not about scrounging is it, it's something they remember forever, it's exciting for a child to interact with their heroes. 

It is scrounging. It never used to happen. And it's always the same kids and pushy parents.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

More from Newcastle boss Eddie Howe on Kieran Trippier: "It is a sign that the club has a huge pull, not talking financial, Kieran hasn't come for that, he's come for the club and the challenge and the longer term vision.

thierry-henry-smile.gif

Not talking financial. lol

Read on Twitter that his career earnings to date is 22m and this Newcastle contract will earn him 18m over the 3.5 years. 😏

36 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Totally different. James hadn't played in this country before, and has never had a prolonged period of form. He had one good world cup. Coutinho knows the league and working with Gerrard I think is perfect for him 

I actually really liked Coutinho at Liverpool, hope he kicks on, but if he was still anywhere near his prime now he'd be in that poor Barca side surely? To be fair I've also just seen Barca will also pay a good chunk of his wages on loan as well.

Be an interesting one for sure.

Edited by ren

One of those transfers which suits all the parties.  Atlético get a decent fee for an aging player, Trippier gets a nice pay rise and Newcastle get a really decent player (starting RB for the La Liga Champions).  Everyone is happy, except the Sunderland fans who are never happy.

Coutinho one will be interesting to see how he performs, I think he'll do well.  I think even Barca paying the majority of wages helps them out as there's some accounting factor BS where if you reduce your wages by x you can spend 4x or something daft (https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona-espbarcelona/story/4562339/ferran-torres-has-joined-barcelonabut-how-and-are-the-spanish-giants-really-able-to-play-him).

Edited by Zear0
Club spelling pedants will be out in force.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He is making good points tbf. Last week he said clubs should disclose which player has Covid and which have injuries which is something I agree with. I think he felt Newcastle wanted to postpone the game, which happened, and now when they play the game Newcastle will be with new signings. I think he makes good points.

Even if it's disclosed privately to the PL rather than in the public domain. A list of available and unavailable players due to reason X, would make this so much more transparent. 

And the signings is actually a decent idea, if they weren't registered by the original game, they shouldn't play the new. Just as with cup replays

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

One of those transfers which suits all the parties.  Atlético get a decent fee for an aging player, Trippier gets a nice pay rise and Newcastle get a really decent player (starting RB for the La Liga Champions).  Everyone is happy, except the Sunderland fans who are never happy.

Coutinho one will be interesting to see how he performs, I think he'll do well.  I think even Barca paying the majority of wages helps them out as there's some accounting factor BS where if you reduce your wages by x you can spend 4x or something daft (https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona-espbarcelona/story/4562339/ferran-torres-has-joined-barcelonabut-how-and-are-the-spanish-giants-really-able-to-play-him).

Agreed on Trippier, works for everyone and think he's in the top bracket of player they can attract right now.

What they really need is a decent centre defence and mid in general but decent centre backs are in short supply as we now ourselves.

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even if it's disclosed privately to the PL rather than in the public domain. A list of available and unavailable players due to reason X, would make this so much more transparent. 

And the signings is actually a decent idea, if they weren't registered by the original game, they shouldn't play the new. Just as with cup replays

Agreed.

Not surprised the replies to the tweet are weird Newcastle fans. They've adopted the "everybody is out to get us" now. Hope they go down.

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

The fuss being made about Trippier. It's like they have signed Pele. The guy is a mediocre defender

This. When he left Spurs everyone said he was crap. I'm not surprised that playing in a Simeone side made him look better and won't be surprised that he looks pony under a shite manager like Eddie Howe.

Guest StevieLynex
7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He is still levels above their other defenders though!

Same applies if we get them to buy Vesty

15 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

The fuss being made about Trippier. It's like they have signed Pele. The guy is a mediocre defender

Mediocre? He’s done superbly at Atletico. If they could have kept him they would, but various reasons (including money) have meant it was inevitable. 

8 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Mediocre? He’s done superbly at Atletico. If they could have kept him they would, but various reasons (including money) have meant it was inevitable. 

He's still a thirty year old full back. It's not quite the signing to really kick start their new era. 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's still a thirty year old full back. It's not quite the signing to really kick start their new era. 

No but it’s a dependable and experienced addition that could keep them up for the time being until they can make those bigger signings. 

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

No but it’s a dependable and experienced addition that could keep them up for the time being until they can make those bigger signings. 

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good signing and exactly the sort they should make. They should avoid high profile prima donnas and build sensibly. 

But I also agree that the media reaction is ott.