Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Does anyone know whether the rescheduled Everton and Spurs games this month were imposed on us by the PL, or whether we actually agreed to them?

If it’s the latter, someone at the club needs their head seeing to.

23 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s taking completely nonsense there. 

You’d have situations where clubs are playing under 23s teams within the Premier League - which simply wouldn’t be fair 

Absolutely.

Ordinarily I'd say it's the circumstances and get on with it but you could have a situation where a club faces an opponent's first team whilst another faces pretty much a third team and we all know how much of a fuss is kicked up when teams deliberately play weakened sides.

Rearranging matches for when the AFCON is on is a problem as we are three players down who aren't injured or with Covid and we can't sign three players to replace them as they are still in the 25.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Appreciate this has been prompted by his performance in an FA Cup match but can’t help but feel Olise is the one that got away. 

Plays on the right side and fits the type of player we go for. Read we’d scouted him and were linked with him.

Didn't they say Olise cost CP £8mil?  If so, a steal, and a bad miss for us.  It's possible, being so young, that CP or some other London club would have been much more appealing to him, though.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Didn't they say Olise cost CP £8mil?  If so, a steal, and a bad miss for us.  It's possible, being so young, that CP or some other London club would have been much more appealing to him, though.

Yep, that's the only factor I can think of as there were strong links with him. 

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

It was an 8 mill release clause as we were being linked to him last January. Was hoping we would've made a move for him 

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

It was an 8 mill release clause as we were being linked to him last January. Was hoping we would've made a move for him 

Maybe we did. He may have chosen Palace as it is closer to his family/home. 

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Digne has lost a yard or two of pace recently and has looked crap IMO. 

Agreed but I bet he's still better than Targett... Villa's defence is rubbish.

Digne is a good player but yet again Villa are paying much more than these guys are worth. Almost £400k on them a WEEK for a team the size of Villa is criminal. I’d expect Man U to be making these signings, much more to their bad business model.

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Why?

Lacking integrity - when project restart was first spoke about sporting integrity seemed very much as the forefront, it seems we’re currently making the rules up as we go along with clubs enforcing their own rules for whatever reasons they like.

I seem to remember after project restart Burnley not being able to put a decent, sufficient bench out, with 2, maybe even 3 keepers on the bench to make the numbers up, it was ridiculed but hardly really spoke about certainly not regarding the fixture being cancelled.

As a side point my interest in the top level game has been waining for various reasons for a while but I seem to be losing more and more interest, over the last couple of seasons I’ve started going down local clubs more often and it’s far more enjoyable.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, deep blue said:

Yeah, absolute bargain. Annoying as there were some quite strong links to him early last season and is that left footed winger/attacking midfielder we could benefit from.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed but I bet he's still better than Targett... Villa's defence is rubbish.

Digne isn't very good defensively.  He's a creator.