Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Must’ve had a faulty batch 

🤭

This is actually possible. I once worked in a Covid testing centre where we’d administer lateral flow tests to school kids. This was when Covid was not very common and most days or even weeks we would have zero positives. One day we cracked open a new box of testing kits and started doing our jobs as normal and about every third kid was testing positive. We had no choice but to report them as normal but every single one came back negative with a PCR test. It was something like 20 out out of 60 that day. Every single other time anyone tested positive it was always confirmed by the PCR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

This is actually possible. I once worked in a Covid testing centre where we’d administer lateral flow tests to school kids. This was when Covid was not very common and most days or even weeks we would have zero positives. One day we cracked open a new box of testing kits and started doing our jobs as normal and about every third kid was testing positive. We had no choice but to report them as normal but every single one came back negative with a PCR test. It was something like 20 out out of 60 that day. Every single other time anyone tested positive it was always confirmed by the PCR.

I’m sure it is possible. But this is Liverpool we’re on about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m sure it is possible. But this is Liverpool we’re on about.

It’s quite incredible that positive LFT’s are not checked with follow up rapid PCR’s when the viability of playing a game is at stake. 
Surely every PL club has a relationship with a lab to get same day turnaround PCR tests back ??

if that’s not the case the the league is more amateur than we ever imagined ! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s quite incredible that positive LFT’s are not checked with follow up rapid PCR’s when the viability of playing a game is at stake. 
Surely every PL club has a relationship with a lab to get same day turnaround PCR tests back ??

if that’s not the case the the league is more amateur than we ever imagined ! 

Totally agree. In the case I was talking about all the kids new they were negative by the next day and they didn’t have the resources of a premier league football club 

I've had to resist the urge to go full "hulk smash" on social media this morning towards the tosspot Liverpool fans whining about the darts and wilfully twisting the narrative behind us getting games postponed.

But no. I'm just gonna sit here and hope that this does prove to be true, so they're exposed (once again) for the hypocritical joke of a club they are, and revel in the national backlash.

Stand by it - these days, they're my least favourite club by some distance.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12510327/premier-league-top-four-race-for-champions-league-qualification-analysed-by-form-fixtures-and-sky-sports-pundit-alan-smith

Premier League top-four race for Champions League qualification analysed by form, fixtures and Sky Sports pundit Alan Smith

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Victim FC need kicking out of the Carabao Cup and a hefty points deduction in the league. They need to be made an example of, that covid corruption won’t be tolerated.

Sounds like the efl aren’t going to even look into it :blink:

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Maybe we should go back through the history books and rewrite history when teams have been through injury crisis's in the past, as i've never known so many games cancelled not due to the reasons we've hearing at the moment, ok, we've never been through anything like Covid but this is largely nothing to do with Covid and much to do about injuries or players at AFCON, circumstances and the fact clubs have found a loophole.

The past including smaller squads, tougher (Or atleast the same) schedules, and less fit players by the way.

Tell ya what, let's be done with it and not play any more games in fear of players getting injured.

Maybe  we should. Maybe we should go back to the days where players played through injuries which ended up finishing their careers and leaving them with debilitating injuries.

In the past teams had first teams and many played in the full reserve team division on top of their first team. I don't recall teams being restricted to a 25 man squad way back either.

Yes players are fitter now but the game is much more intense, much quicker and the body put under a lot more stress than it was. The same applies to other sports too.

As to this last sentence, it isn't about that and you know it. Also there are no loopholes here just the rules which are being followed by all clubs that I can see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Chris Wood off to Newcastle. With Wilson out I don’t think that’s a bad signing for them. He’ll chip in with a few goals. 

I'd be very surprised if Burnley would want to let him go, although depends how much Newcastle are offering i guess.