Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Also Wood in an Eddie Howe side, really?? How will that work.

What makes you say that? I always thought he was quite hard working as a player. Admittedly haven't watched him properly for some time!

14 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Thought Saints might go down this year it had that sense they were starting to circle the drain but Hassenhuttl looks to be doing a fine job again with that squad. And with new owners maybe they'll become a force again. I liked their team before Liverpool raped them.

He’s better than Potter at Brighton IMO

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's got little pace and when he played for us, little movement. The difference in style when he played compared to Vardy and Nugent was stark.

Very good in the box but he'll need the service.

Fair enough, I must just be misremembering. I never thought he was quick, but always thought he had good movement and was a handful for defenders. Depends what style Howe is going for really. On a purely practical level, Trippier crossing in to Wood is already an extra weapon in their arsenal. So that, and, well, Saint Maximin going on a wild one.

Edited by CloudFox

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Burnley vs Newcastle last game of the season. That could end up being a really significant game. 

Interestingly both times Newcastle have been relegated they've been relegated by a team claret n blue. Villa May 2008 and Villa again May 2016.

54 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Also Wood in an Eddie Howe side, really?? How will that work.

He got a lot out of King and Wilson, together. 

Howe has been forced into going more direct because of the squad at his disposal. Wood is a great short-medium term signing.

They don't have any midfielders that can consistently progress the ball up the pitch so with Trippier signing, looks as though they’re going to be more vertical.

Trying to outplay anybody with their squad would be daft tbh. Wood, Wilson, Joelinton, Willock, ASM and Trippet lend themselves to getting the ball wide, being direct and causing trouble that way. Quite like Burnley, incidentally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

Is this Burnley giving up on survival? If so they may as well accept a bit of £10-£15 for Tarkowski from us now rather than let him go for free in the summer.

I'd offer them £15m and Jannik Vestergaard or £10m and no Vestergaard. Take it or leave it! 

• Haha 2