Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

37 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He got a lot out of King and Wilson, together. 

Howe has been forced into going more direct because of the squad at his disposal. Wood is a great short-medium term signing.

They don't have any midfielders that can consistently progress the ball up the pitch so with Trippier signing, looks as though they’re going to be more vertical.

Trying to outplay anybody with their squad would be daft tbh. Wood, Wilson, Joelinton, Willock, ASM and Trippet lend themselves to getting the ball wide, being direct and causing trouble that way. Quite like Burnley, incidentally.

Fair enough. Its impressive Howe has learned to adapt his style to personnel available if so Brendan take note...

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I have always thought this but just can’t see it this season. 

You just know Dyche will pull It off somehow...

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Also Wood in an Eddie Howe side, really?? How will that work.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an Eddie Howe side play “good football”. He ditched all his principles to try and keep Bournemouth up and although he’s not been there long the only change I’ve seen from Newcastle has been intensity rather than style of play. 

I would say Wood isn’t your average target man though, I’d put him more in the “big lad with ability at his feet” camp than someone you’re just going to lump it to. 

Edited by AjcW

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an Eddie Howe side play “good football”. He ditched all his principles to try and keep Bournemouth up and although he’s not been there long the only change I’ve seen from Newcastle has been intensity rather than style of play. 

I would say Wood isn’t your average target man though, I’d put him more in the “big lad with ability at his feet” camp than someone you’re just going to lump it to. 

Fair enough. I was assuming they played good football because of their leaky defence!!

Re Wood he's used as a big targett man lump for Burnley isn't he?

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Seems to me that Newcastle are mainly doing this to pay a price to significantly weaken a relegation rival rather than cos they think he will make them that much better. 

Especially given how many games in hand Burnley have got, quite clever really

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Read last night about Southampton’s new owner and his motivation to own a football club in the Premier League. Part of his reasoning appears political becoming a public face as he’s critical of the existing Serbian President 

I think we're all being critical of high profile Serbians at the minute

I get the feeling Burnley are living on borrowed time under investment has left them with an ageing squad with an average age of 30.

They need a total rebuild, Dyche has worked miracles, but I wonder if he's getting to the point of having enough of working in that way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Well they never really thought that though, let's be honest. 

they have been sticking tea towels on their head thinking they're the new man city, tbf. 

you bloody love to see it. 

680498822673334299.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

Edited by lifted*fox

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I get the feeling Burnley are living on borrowed time under investment has left them with an ageing squad with an average age of 30.

They need a total rebuild, Dyche has worked miracles, but I wonder if he's getting to the point of having enough of working in that way.

Not sure how indicative uptheclarets forum is (Maybe I should ask @dsr-burnley) but there seems to be some on there who would be happy enough to see Dyche go

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure how indicative uptheclarets forum is (Maybe I should ask @dsr-burnley) but there seems to be some on there who would be happy enough to see Dyche go

I can't understand that, bit like Stoke fans with Tony Pulis.

I can't see anyone doing better but I can see a lot doing much worse. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I can't understand that, bit like Stoke fans with Tony Pulis.

I can't see anyone doing better but I can see a lot doing much worse. 

Maybe, but is it really so different to some on here who expect us to compete for top 4 every year, because we won the league? Just people wanting to and believing they can be more I would guess  :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2