Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The annoying thing about Arsenal is that despite being utter shite they have a knack of winning the FA Cup regularly. 

The comfort is that it never means as much to them as it did for us.

(unless you have regular contact with arsenal fans, in which case comfort may be harder to find!)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

with infection rates so high, what happens when the season starts with positive tests within the squads ?? could also ruin pre season plans

not many players will have had two jabs + fortnight ...... 

Hopefully they will all have had the first by now. How long is the wait before the second? Hope we haven't got any anti-vaxers. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hopefully they will all have had the first by now. How long is the wait before the second? Hope we haven't got any anti-vaxers. 

They should have to wait 8 weeks to avoid being outed as queue jumping. 

and post the second jab they have to wait a further two weeks to be able to take advantage of the new rule of no isolating for close contacts post 16th aug

I can see huge problems for the start of the PL season 

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

For those of you that enjoyed the All Or Nothing series Amazon did on Spurs...it's Arsenal's turn next.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/arsenal-engarsenal/story/4429814/all-or-nothing-arsenal-to-star-in-amazon-documentary

Genuinely think lower league clubs are more fascinating to watch. There was one many moons ago that had a young sean st ledger in it and it was an incredible watch.

I must admit I was impressed with the spurs one though, it was quite astonishing how players like rose stropped in front of a camera like that. Brain dead really. I think they lucked out with jose for entertainment, Arteta would be dull as anything 

• Like 1

Last season at Arsenal might have been mildly interesting, clearly Arteta and / or the board were weeding out a lot of unwanted players, you'd have those difficult discussions, you had the Aubamayang-gate drama (late for a game), emergence of Saka and Smith Rowe and the alienating of Ozil.

No actually it sounds a bit s**t doesn't it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Last season at Arsenal might have been mildly interesting, clearly Arteta and / or the board were weeding out a lot of unwanted players, you'd have those difficult discussions, you had the Aubamayang-gate drama (late for a game), emergence of Saka and Smith Rowe and the alienating of Ozil.

No actually it sounds a bit s**t doesn't it.

I’d assumed it’ll be filmed this season? 

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’d assumed it’ll be filmed this season? 

Yes it will I presume too, I just meant they may have had a better show if it had been last season as I see it as a bit of a clear-out and rebuild year, I'd expect this year to be more settled although if they're not top 6 there may be a change of manager looming.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Josh King signed for a free transfer.

Good at Bournemouth but his move to Everton didn't really work out.

Another case of have to hope we get the best out of him.  

One of those players who often seems to be on the cusp of becoming a great player but then fades again.

See: our four year flirtation with Demarai Gray for a bad ending, or Iheanacho for a happy one.

Good luck to him, let's see what he can do for you.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Yes it will I presume too, I just meant they may have had a better show if it had been last season as I see it as a bit of a clear-out and rebuild year, I'd expect this year to be more settled although if they're not top 6 there may be a change of manager looming.

Covid would have stopped any filming for last season I'd imagine. 

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Government survey (open until 22nd July) on how football is run in this country. 

Worth a bit of your time I'd say... 

this gov poking its nose into football

what could possibly go wrong

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

A group of 6 teams could break away to join 6 other Foreign teams to form a super league?

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

But they're asking fans for feedback? Not like they're just making decisions themselves. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Harry Redknapp is on Eastenders lol

He looked quite confident doing the cameo.

Must be quite difficult not to look at the camera.

Of course he didn't drink a sip of the pint (probably was apple juice)..:whistle:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Government survey (open until 22nd July) on how football is run in this country. 

Worth a bit of your time I'd say... 

It is interesting they have offered fixed wage cap as an option on the survery, not just % of turnover.