Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

The whole thing is ridiculous now. The premier league made a rod for their own back letting games be postponed for injuries in the first place. 

Whether we had a lot of injuries or not I feel we should have played the Everton & spurs games. And with our injury record in the last 2 years it ain’t miraculously going to get better over the next couple of months. 

• Like 2

Why is Bourne bothering? It's beneath any professional. 

Durham isn't going to change his tune, he's going to keep doubling down every time he gets attention because that's the whole gag. 

How is it 2022 and there are still people that don't understand how Internet trolling works yet. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Durham isn't going to change his tune, he's going to keep doubling down every time he gets attention because that's the whole gag. 

How is it 2022 and there are still people that don't understand how Internet trolling works yet. 

In his defence, I’d seen some city fans digging at Bourne this morning asking if he’d gone into hiding/was afraid of speaking up against his colleague 

Not in a good mood tonight so I don't wanna hear anybody saying they are glad West Ham have won because it sticks it to the big boys etc etc...because believe me I bet some are thinking it.....go to bed please..not tonight lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I purposefully avoid him on TalkSport, bloody annoying he's getting attention on here.

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not in a good mood tonight so I don't wanna hear anybody saying they are glad West Ham have won because it sticks it to the big boys etc etc...because believe me I bet some are thinking it.....go to bed please..not tonight lol

This. They don’t look like letting up and every time I look at that table it reminds me of how we’ve ****ed it so many times

• Like 1

Every single postponed match could've gone ahead. Every club could've put a team out to play the fixture at the original time, even it it meant dragging a load of kids in to fill the squad.

And, understandably, they didn't put themselves forward and say "yeah, we'll do it, no problem" and then be forced to play no matter what the circumstances were. All the complaining about the squads at the weekend should be the same for the Premier League- no manager worth his salt would willingly volunteer to stick 6+ teenagers with 10 minutes of first team experience between them into crucial league matches.

What they might have to do is begrudgingly accept it next season if it is forced upon them but the Premier League put the criteria out for an obvious reason.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Unsure who is worse on Talksport if I’m honest. Durham Goldstein and Cundy all make me turn it off. 

Breakfast and Jim white/Simon Jordan at great though. 

I really enjoy Trans Europe Express with Danny Kelly et all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Every single postponed match could've gone ahead. Every club could've put a team out to play the fixture at the original time, even it it meant dragging a load of kids in to fill the squad.

And, understandably, they didn't put themselves forward and say "yeah, we'll do it, no problem" and then be forced to play no matter what the circumstances were. All the complaining about the squads at the weekend should be the same for the Premier League- no manager worth his salt would willingly volunteer to stick 6+ teenagers with 10 minutes of first team experience between them into crucial league matches.

What they might have to do is begrudgingly accept it next season if it is forced upon them but the Premier League put the criteria out for an obvious reason.

I agree theres enougth ****ing pros on teams books to get games on

the prem have ****ed up good and proper

• Like 2

Yes Adrian Durham is a professional troll, that's his shtick.

Nasty piece of work as well referring to Laura Robson as 'Loser Robson' ad nauseum on the radio when she was about 19/20.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

It's absolutely mad that Gerrard and Conte have come in and the pundits are all going on about how they need backing in the transfer market. Their squads aren't full of lads who've never played Premier league football before.

Surely the point of hiring a good coach is that he improves what you've got. Both villa and spurs have spent nearly 200m over the last few years. It's absolutely ****ed isn't it.

Yet another reason I'm slowly losing interest in football.

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's absolutely mad that Gerrard and Conte have come in and the pundits are all going on about how they need backing in the transfer market. Their squads aren't full of lads who've never played Premier league football before.

Surely the point of hiring a good coach is that he improves what you've got. Both villa and spurs have spent nearly 200m over the last few years. It's absolutely ****ed isn't it.

Yet another reason I'm slowly losing interest in football.

It feels like pundits turn a blind eye on the likes of villa even when they outspend us as an example. They'd still get seen as pulling off a miracle to get into top 6 when in reality they ought to be there according to the investment. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ronaldo should never have gone there, stupid move on all sides.

Just goes to show you how good Ferguson was.

Ferguson was good. It would be folly to argue with that. He did conduct a 25 year reign of terror on officials and media men to ensure every 40/60 decision went in Man U's favour though. How many 100's of games did they go at Old Trafford without conceding a penalty under him? How many times did their winners arrive in the 4th or 5th minute of extra time played by refs frightened to death of being on the pitch? That certainly helped him.

Great manager, but a ruthless human being who was prepared to throw anyone under the bus to get what he wanted, even his own players and ex players.

As for Ronaldo. I think most people thought it could go wrong. He was already on the wane at Juve and the premier league is a tougher physical proposition than Serie A. That, allied to a squad which doesn't compare with Man City or Liverpool, meant it was always going to be difficult, they're just not good enough and wasted a lot of time under Ole too.

I'm no great fan of Cristiano (outside his footballing abilities of course), but I actually think Man U need more players who think like that. For a club of their standing and wealth, anything outside top 3 is an utter failure. He's just stating it. Probably not helpful for the manager, but they should all have that attitude in my opinion.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle