Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

39 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Ferguson was good. It would be folly to argue with that. He did conduct a 25 year reign of terror on officials and media men to ensure every 40/60 decision went in Man U's favour though. How many 100's of games did they go at Old Trafford without conceding a penalty under him? How many times did their winners arrive in the 4th or 5th minute of extra time played by refs frightened to death of being on the pitch? That certainly helped him.

Great manager, but a ruthless human being who was prepared to throw anyone under the bus to get what he wanted, even his own players and ex players.

As for Ronaldo. I think most people thought it could go wrong. He was already on the wane at Juve and the premier league is a tougher physical proposition than Serie A. That, allied to a squad which doesn't compare with Man City or Liverpool, meant it was always going to be difficult, they're just not good enough and wasted a lot of time under Ole too.

I'm no great fan of Cristiano (outside his footballing abilities of course), but I actually think Man U need more players who think like that. For a club of their standing and wealth, anything outside top 3 is an utter failure. He's just stating it. Probably not helpful for the manager, but they should all have that attitude in my opinion.

They once had a 5½ year run without conceding a penalty at home.... but it evens itself out!

• Haha 2

Talksport the company what hires Jamie O’Hara as a expert 

Last night he tweeted saying ‘how was that offside? (Kane’s disallowed goal)

When the rule was pointed out him rather than just accept the error, he doubled down and said ‘it’s a stupid rule anyway’ 

🤣🤣

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Great manager, but a ruthless human being who was prepared to throw anyone under the bus to get what he wanted, even his own players and ex players.

Take this quote in isolation and you could be talking about any and every Uber successful manager we’ve had in football. I think to get to the very pinnacle you have to be a bit of a **** 

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ronaldo should never have gone there, stupid move on all sides.

Just goes to show you how good Ferguson was.

How do you mean?

Of course he was good but the Man Utd team that Ronaldo plays in now is nowhere near as good as the sides he played in when Ferguson was there. That period when they had Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez up top was unreal. Think Berbatov was there too.

I'm always one for never go back but I think Man Utd got him to stop Man City.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

£50 million spent on a 31 and 30 year old both 2.5 year deals. 🤔

It was going to be the case, needed to overspend and give out good contracts to sign players. Not many would be interested in Newcastle otherwise, not the type of players they need 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Gutted we missed out on Bowen!

Should have snapped him up from Hull.

Didn't sign him because we didn't like his attitude when we approached.

44 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Gutted we missed out on Bowen!

Should have snapped him up from Hull.

Apart from the fact some people on here laughed the price off.

I've always liked him and there's no coincidence when he left Hull they tailed off and ended up getting relegated.

But he is more consistent for West Ham this season and should have a look in for England now. I'd have loved him here.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Wood is a good player as we know, but I'm not sure hed be enough to keep you in the premier league. Had a few injuries at Burnley. I suppose in current state of affairs at present at Newcastle this is pretty much the best they could get.

I love that they’ve finally got rid of Ashley. Decided to splash the cash, and brought in Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood. lol

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The Ronaldo signing is beginning to look a bit dodgy on United's side now 

How come? They knew they were signing somebody with extremely high standards. He's not joining a club to be an also ran

I'd love someone to come out and say that if I was a United fan. The standards are slipping and that's because the ownership really don't care as long as they're lacing their pockets.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Didn't sign him because we didn't like his attitude when we approached.

Is that so? Can you say any more?

I had understood - no inside track, just reading around at the time - that our recruitment team backed off, concluding his lack of pace would prevent him from becoming an elite player. I don't think, BTW, he is an elite player, but my what a job he'd have done for us for the past two and a half seasons!