Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ffs Bert do you not learn lol lol

That's every Burnley striker scoring on Saturday! 

I meant for Newcastle & Burnley in their relegation battle. They’ve took Burnley’s biggest threat to them. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I mean Wilson is the one of like two players who don't need replacing, Wood is great backup and weakens their nearest relegation rivals, it's a smart signing 

Burnley will go an sign a better striker with the money more than likely in the same window.

Chris Wood is no spring chicken.. strange signing.. Tripper I can understand decent but Wood lol 

Edited by whoareyaaa

39 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Burnley will go an sign a better striker with the money more than likely in the same window.

Chris Wood is no spring chicken.. strange signing.. Tripper I can understand decent but Wood lol 

It's still a risk though, Wood hasnt gone there to lead the line either, he's a very respectable backup to an injury prone bagsman

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's still a risk though, Wood hasnt gone there to lead the line either, he's a very respectable backup to an injury prone bagsman

I think they’ll go two up top, 3-5-2. Trippier is a decent wing back, wood as a big man is a good foil for someone like Wilson to play off.

It will be very direct but likely effective and enough to keep them up.

Sad thing for Chris Wood is even though he's been signed with in mind in getting the vital goals to keep Newcastle in the premier league, in the long term if they do stay up I can't see him being part of the plans especially if they go on a big spending spree in the summer to take them to the next level. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sad thing for Chris Wood is even though he's been signed with in mind in getting the vital goals to keep Newcastle in the premier league, in the long term if they do stay up I can't see him being part of the plans especially if they go on a big spending spree in the summer to take them to the next level. 

Sure he’s aware but happy to double his wages for the remained of his career 

The Wood buy is definitely overpriced, but it does make a lot of sense if you look into it.

JJ Bull of Tifo does a pretty good breakdown of why it's likely Howe wanted him:

TL;DW: Wilson is injured. Newcastle are weak through the middle of the park and defend too deep. Wood can be used to relieve pressure as a hold up man, pulling the team up the pitch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Getting ridiculous now. The PL have shown themselves to be weak as piss as usual. The Arsenal Spurs game again has nothing to do with Covid, just injuries and suspensions. 

And Burnley are ONE player short of having to play the game, and that player is now in Newcastle. Hassenhutl is spot on with his comments. 

And their best player missing too.

How can players be affected by covid if they never had it?  They were false positives remember Jurgen, hence they returned straight away after the postponed first leg of the league cup semi final. 

• Haha 1