Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Some of the misinformation around player availability is ridiculous. Sky News just praised Wolves for winning at Man U with a "massively depleted" squad. Just checked their team that day and it was as follows:

Sa - first choice

Kilman - first choice

Coady - first choice

Saiss- first choice

Semedo - first choice

Neves - first choice

Moutinho - first choice

Marcal 

Trincao - first choice

Jiminez - first choice

Podence 

So basically 9 first choice players started. God I wish we'd been that depleted over the past 2 years. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Arsenal spurs will now be off 

tbf, Arsenal have a lot of injuries but if it’s xhaka’s suspension that takes them under the limit then they should have to play it 

There was an Arsenal side named that could possibly play and it was pretty strong. Only real issue was White playing in midfield.

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whatever has been said by Durham on the past week (The darts issue aside, I’ve agreed with much of what he’s said in the past week tbh) but I don’t know how anyone can disagree with what he’s said here.

There is one thing you can disagree with him on here. It reads as if he’s patting himself on the back and is vilified for being a petulant child, spewing nonsense without context. 

Just because he’s saying one thing that is marginally acceptable doesn’t mean I’ll let him off for the shit that’s gone before. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Some of the misinformation around player availability is ridiculous. Sky News just praised Wolves for winning at Man U with a "massively depleted" squad. Just checked their team that day and it was as follows:

Sa - first choice

Kilman - first choice

Coady - first choice

Saiss- first choice

Semedo - first choice

Neves - first choice

Moutinho - first choice

Marcal 

Trincao - first choice

Jiminez - first choice

Podence 

So basically 9 first choice players started. God I wish we'd been that depleted over the past 2 years. lol

Correct. Only Marcal came in for Ait-Nouri (who tested positive). We had a few injuries in the squad but the first XI was still strong. 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Trying to doze off, but the commentator keeps saying it’s Albrighton (All Brighton), and I wake with a start, it’s most annoying. lol

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quite off putting, given that "ALBRIGHTON! " is a perfectly acceptable thing to shout at the moment of climax.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Not sure the pen was a clear and obvious error - both players were tangling with each other to begin with 

and the goal was a straightforward foul - the keeper hasn’t dropped the ball - and the ref should be giving it, not the VAR 

Thing is they’ve got history with this nonsense now so you just never know. Vestergaard vs Liverpool and Kasper’s hand-on-ball-on-ground foul earlier this season

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

and the goal was a straightforward foul - the keeper hasn’t dropped the ball - and the ref should be giving it, not the VAR 

Definitely didn’t need a var debate and going over to the screen.