Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I an shocked, shocked, I tells you that Brighton have played well and had chances but are behind. The xG Kings. Again.

So I will be equally as shocked when Palace concede in added on time. Again.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Not quite ..

Time for more ?

I was 5 minutes too early.

It happens. Ask my missus. :ph34r:

Palace are soooooo vulnerable to a last gasp loser, you wouldn't put it past them to chuck it away.

Edited by Vacamion

I’m wondering about arsenals request. They don’t have that many injuries - tomiyasu, ESR, sakha, Cedric, kolasinac 

xhaka is suspended 

they have loaned out AMN

they also loaned out balogun this week.  I think only odegaard is covid

if the PL had any backbone, they would deny the request on the grounds that allowing players out on loan whilst the AFCON is ongoing is their problem. And xhaka’s suspension is not allowed to be included  - they should lose an option so it’s 12 outfield players.  Less AMN and Baolgun. I think they have 11 players available.  That’s enough - their own fault they don’t have AMN and balogun for the bench. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m wondering about arsenals request. They don’t have that many injuries - tomiyasu, ESR, sakha, Cedric, kolasinac 

xhaka is suspended 

they have loaned out AMN

they also loaned out balogun this week.  I think only odegaard is covid

if the PL had any backbone, they would deny the request on the grounds that allowing players out on loan whilst the AFCON is ongoing is their problem. And xhaka’s suspension is not allowed to be included  - they should lose an option so it’s 12 outfield players.  Less AMN and Baolgun. I think they have 11 players available.  That’s enough - their own fault they don’t have AMN and balogun for the bench. 

I don' think we can take a holier-than-thou attitude when it come to postponements 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, KFS said:

So three points behind Brighton with two games in hand, and a point ahead of Palace with three games in hand. What a shit league lol 

Only 12 behind West Ham in 4th with 3 games in hand. There is really nothing in this league between 4th and 16th anyone in that bracket who can put a run of wins on the board could find themselves in Europe next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Why do arsenal get defended ?

We knew that but he and his fellow TalkSport drama queen decided to get all high and mighty because some players went to a darts event.

Bottling out because you overreacted first time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don' think we can take a holier-than-thou attitude when it come to postponements 

If you read my previous posts today you will know that I don’t 

but in this instance, I am wondering if their actions with loans plus the suspension should make a difference 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you read my previous posts today you will know that I don’t 

but in this instance, I am wondering if their actions with loans plus the suspension should make a difference 

So you think having 16 players out of 25 unavailable, as we did on Tuesday, is the same as Burnley having 8 out of 25 missing and getting a game called off?

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So you think having 16 players out of 25 unavailable, as we did on Tuesday, is the same as Burnley having 8 out of 25 missing and getting a game called off?

I think you get 11 players plus a bench together by hook or by crook.

Clubs at this level should have decent academy set ups, many clubs and managers pushing for B teams to be playing in the Championship.

Many non-league clubs are having to get by - Seen a few struggling to name benches, they've got on with it in fear that if they don't they'll forfeit the game.

We can all feign injury, or a club can claim a positive Covid test (I'm sure I read you don't even have to provide any evidence to the governance) or even go one further and claim a faulty batch of tests in order to get a game postponed.

Integrity and transparency of the competition is in tatters.

This is clubs crying of games until they in a stronger position and/or enforcing their own winter break.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think you get 11 players plus a bench together by hook or by crook.

Clubs at this level should have decent academy set ups, many clubs and managers pushing for B teams to be playing in the Championship.

Many non-league clubs are having to get by - Seen a few struggling to name benches, they've got on with it in fear that if they don't they'll forfeit the game.

We can all feign injury, or a club can claim a positive Covid test (I'm sure I read you don't even have to provide any evidence to the governance) or even go one further and claim a faulty batch of tests.

Integrity and transparency of the competition is in tatters.

This is clubs crying of games until they in a stronger position and/or enforcing their own winter break.

As I've said before, football managers will look for any excuse to use. They'll blame anyone they can for failure. The wailing and gnashing of teeth if they are forced to play reserves and academy players would be deafening.

And you know what? They'll be moaning about when the rearranged matches are played, too. Expecting this industry to get on with it no matter what is futile.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

As I've said before, football managers will look for any excuse to use. They'll blame anyone they can for failure. The wailing and gnashing of teeth if they are forced to play reserves and academy players would be deafening.

And you know what? They'll be moaning about when the rearranged matches are played, too. Expecting this industry to get on with it no matter what is futile.

So we're damned if we do and damned if we don't? Agreed?

Let's get on with it then, if they're gonna moan any which way and in a situation that doesn't appease them either way let's get on with it, get games played and if clubs or managers wanna moan, cry, stamp their feet and refuse to play like a petulant child then they'll be reprimanded, punished and it'll lead to forfeiting games and points deductions.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

So we're damned if we do and damned if we don't? Agreed?

Let's get on with it then, if they're gonna moan any which way let's get on with it, get games played and if clubs or managers wanna moan, cry, stamp their feet and refuse like a petulant child then they'll be reprimanded, punished and it'll lead to forfeiting games and points deductions.

Yes, we are. 

We should get on with it. But we should've got on with it years ago. Managers should stand up and say "Yeah, it's one of those things, tough but we'll get through it" but they won't. 

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yes, we are. 

We should get on with it. But we should've got on with it years ago. Managers should stand up and say "Yeah, it's one of those things, tough but we'll get through it" but they won't. 

The thing is they did get on with it years ago, infact they got on with it until this year. Didn't they?

I've never known games called off like this for such reasons?

You're quite right, the managers have  always moaned, made excuses and they always will but they've had to get on with it, as I say, I don't remember such scenarios that have postponed games, they couldn't, as far as i'm aware.

If there were any it certainly wasn't to this extent.

I'm led to believe a change to the rules was made in December to allow what we're seeing - clubs have used the loophole, found something to exploit and are now constantly pulling a fast one.

The rule changes/authorities are as much to blame as the clubs but both are at fault.

If it's true about the rule changing, again, I'm questioning integrity - how can you change rules half way through a season - I wanna say there was a rule change half way through last season aswell though - Offside? Handball? I've forgot.

Edited by Matt

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

The thing is they did get on with it years ago, infact they got on with it until this year. Didn't they?

You're quite right, the managers have  always moaned, made excuses and they always will but they've had to get on with it, as I say, I don't remember such scenarios that have postponed games, they couldn't, as far as i'm aware.

I'm led to believe a change to the rules was made in December to allow what we're seeing - clubs have used the loophole, found something to exploit and are now constantly pulling a fast one.

The rule changes/authorities are as much to blame as the clubs but both are at fault.

If it's true about the rule changing, again, I'm questioning integrity - how can you change rules half way through a season - I wanna say there was a rule change half way through last season aswell though - Offside? Handball? I've forgot.

Very occasionally a match would be postponed if an entire squad came down with galloping dry rot, but generally, as I remember, teams did have to just get on with it. Seem to recall an instance of a squad with food poisoning - lasagne, I think, was the culprit and a depleted/patched up team played.  The current rules are allowing for AFCON, injuries, suspensions and Covid affected teams to apply for a suspension. The door was opened and a good selection of teams have pushed it wide open. We'll be playing every day in April and May at this rate. Surely a point needs to come that the PL, unless it's a full squad with Covid, just get on with it.

You are right about the mid-season rule change last year. Fulham had a goal ruled out against Spurs for handball, where it was accidental from a player before the player who scored. Shortly after the rule changed to, it would only be disallowed if it was the goalscorer. Or something like that. So, there is a precedent for mid-season changes.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Covid was the game changer, it gave clubs an opportunity to not play. With all the complaining about the schedule, the chance to find a way of calling matches off was very welcome for them.

This is the natural extension of that.

Not only do so many postponements take awake from the competition in the sense that there is no fluidity, the premier league loses legitimacy and becomes uninteresting when the postponements ain't even legit. Only league in Europe where this is happening.. Players should need a shot to play, and the rules should be better. Easy. 

• Like 1

I don't blame any clubs that want a game postponed, but let's be honest, it's very rare that premier league clubs will have all 25 players available and injuries are part of the game. The premier league should force clubs to play their u23s and younger players like we were forced in the FA cup. They talk about the integrity of the league but when you're playing 4 games in a week to catch up, that argument goes out the window! 

• Like 2