Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Andy Hinchcliffe is the worst thing ever, not just in football but actually on the planet.

I don't really get what you mean. Surely the praise he heaped on de gea for saving a header straight at him, was completely justified!

If you took away penalties taken with a method that should be illegal and spawny, flukey, shithouse goals then I'm pretty sure Bruno Fernandes' sum total in English football would be two half decent free kicks and a random pot shot from 20 yards. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

We went through this last week.

Teams play weakened team in cups. That's their prerogative.

Teams haven't cancelled games before - or been allowed to cancel games.

Cups games are one thing, League games are your bread and butter.

It seem #DifferentCompetitionDifferentRules don't allow you to cancel those cup games though, it does allow you to cancel your league game though. Bizarre. 

And league games affect other teams. If you put the kids out in the Cup it affects you and you alone. 

That's why the rules are different. Whether they should be is the issue the Premier League have to consider going forward.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

And league games affect other teams. If you put the kids out in the Cup it affects you and you alone. 

That's why the rules are different. Whether they should be is the issue the Premier League have to consider going forward.

That works both ways.

The current trend is seeing team canceling games because they can't get their best teams out.

In the past you've had to get on with it, now they've been given the green light to cancel games until their best players are available again, buy them abit of time. 

As I said earlier in the week, perhaps we should try rewriting history where teams have had issue but had to play on.

As Hasenhuttl and Tuchel have alluded to, teams are cheating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

I just had a dirty thought.

Newcastle 20th
Burnley 19th
Everton 18th

If Carlsberg did relegations...

Problem with that the alternatives are the more soulless clubs like Fulham, Norwich and Watford in the premier league.

There is always at least one team in an inflated position because they happen to play teams precisely when they are off form at that moment in time.

Norwich are that team this season and if they carry on this trend they might actually stay up.

• Like 1