Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

I kind of think we (as a club) knew Burnley were going to cancel so we played the long game, paint ourselves in a better light not being the centre of another cancellation then finally the cancellation came from Burnley as expected.

Not really, we were wanting to play it with the players back. We said how many we'd have available for Everton and requested it to be postponed. Rodgers said most players would be back for Burnley.

Whether we should've had the chance is what needs to be looked at. 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I kind of think we (as a club) knew Burnley were going to cancel so we played the long game, paint ourselves in a better light not being the centre of another cancellation then finally the cancellation came from Burnley as expected.

Defiantly, I joked in the thread confirming his departure that 'its one way of getting games cancelled'.

Bit of an ulterior agenda or motive in it.

He's not been part of the squad for ages, he's literally been the forgotten man, then when question are finally being asked all of a sudden he's released - Obviously there were other ongoing issue, but his release is defiantly a contribution towards opening options up because we ain't replacing him.

On going for months, mentioned and muted for the last few weeks.

Obviously a change could be good for him but it doesn't erase those issues, for him to walk into a new club - the same day? Day after? 

The real suspicions will come if/when he starts playing.

As for the Christmas week style? Good. I hope clubs really struggle with it, they've have bought it upon themselves, although i'm not sure I can do with the crying and whining.

Sorry but you are making wild and frankly ill informed pronouncements here. None of us know the exact circumstances as to why he wasn't available to play. it seems to me that you are downplaying the potential impact on people's mental health. You've also got no idea if we are replacing him or not. Rodgers has already stated we are looking at bringing in a Cb on loan.

As to when he was released you do realise that the transfer window opened in January? The legal side of what happened takes time to work out. Of course we could have   paid him off in October and left  him to get on with his life without any support from his employer. 

The question to ask is why was he in the squad in the first place, presumably because we felt he had a genuine chance of contributing. The sad thing is that he clearly couldn't for whatever reason.

If people tried to understand people a bit more the world would be better for it.

• Like 1

Regarding the covid postponements, I think the Premier League have wasted 2 years not thinking up a decent strategy for this. What the rule should be is this.

A team has it's 25 man squad. The league will also confirm which contracted youth players have enough experience to be classed as first team. From the initial 25 maximum squad, its not about how many you have available, it's how many have covid. If you have 12 or more covid cases and not enough experienced youth players to cover, you can request a postponement. If you have injuries, suspensions, African Cup of Nation players etc missing but only a couple of covid cases, you must use the other, inexperienced youth players to cover that. Those players will not be taken into account as experienced when requesting a future postponement based on covid. Basically you don't have to use inexperienced youth players to cover covid absences, but you will have to for any other absence. 

I know this would have affected us negatively, but the premier league made a rod for its own back by including all reasons for a player being out as a reason to postpone and not just covid. If you have 11 players out in the past injured, you'd play any available player or be docked 3 points for failing to fulfill your fixtures.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

A weakened Leeds team playing players out of position and a bench full of kids go 1-0 up against West Ham.

I said it the other week Leeds ought to be applauded for getting games on while others cry them off running scared.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Apart from the 2 matches they requested and were postponed.

They've got on with the Arsenal game, they've got on with this one.

Both of the cancelled games were made out to be genuine Covid reasons/Still isolating, no crying about other issues.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

They've got on with the Arsenal game, they've go on with this one.

And they've still had matches postponed. A lot of these kids are part of their 25 man squad too.

I thought you believed we should've played Tottenham and Everton even with Covid cases?

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why do they have so many kids in their 25 man squad?

They came into the season with just 17 senior squad players registered

And even then at most only 3 of their under 21s were first team players: Meslier, back up keeper, and that striker Gelhardt

So they came into this season with a squad of 20 players

Edited by moore_94

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

:nigel: Asking a lot of the players especially with Bielsa's demands.

Which is being questioned.

No idea how we’re in the situation with our low intensity game lol 

Or why it’s not being questioned.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bowen will surely be in the next England squad based on his current form ?

Any English-born player who can pass the ball five yards to a team mate has a chance of being called up by Southgate, especially if we are playing the might Andorra or San Marino