Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

26 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

They were supposed to do this at Wembley but didn’t see many masks unless they were taken off once inside .

People were asked to put them on as they entered the stadium. A steward then asked some to put them on while in the beer queue, but that was it. Once in their seats most people took them off…… and then we jumped around, hugged, sang, shouted, waved our arms like we just didn’t care and no one tested positive after. :D 

45 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I assume and hope it'll be like cinemas. Mandatory inside, but you can take them off once you're in your seat. 

And this makes sense and most people can go along with that. Not sure many people will be wearing them in their seats, that impacts the matchday experience. Otherwise, it doesn't really impact people. In fact, it enhances the toilet experience. Although it is a struggle to eat and drink with a mask on in the concourse...

39 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

makes you wonder how they can do it though as there are people that wont be fully vaccinated by the first game of the season. Will 1 be enough for you to be allowed in? Also some people cannot have it for medical reasons but i guess they will be exempt? Seems a big call to make with only 4 weeks to go until the season starts. 

Vaccine Passports (or better word probably Covid Status Passports) are not just for vaccinated people. It will also include negative tests and recently recovered. So vaccines will not be mandatory to enter the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

People were asked to put them on as they entered the stadium. A steward then asked some to put them on while in the beer queue, but that was it. Once in their seats most people took them off…… and then we jumped around, hugged, sang, shouted, waved our arms like we just didn’t care and no one tested positive after. :D 

Bit of a difference between the middle of may and now re cases .......

4 hours ago, Royston. said:

Is Harry kane still leaving spurs?

I think they'll want to much for him and clubs will look elsewhere.

I did see on SkyBet yesterday he was evs to stay which is decent.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Just know we are going to come back that first games to KP branded face masks on seats.

Imagine how many masks are gonna be chucked away once inside the stadium. Left on or under seats, thrown at the manager, etc. 

Clean up will get worse for the people that do it. 

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

Is Harry kane still leaving spurs?

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Now the euros are over we should hear more on that. Guess it went quiet because he was playing for England. I doubt he has changed his mind 

It's got to be now or never surely, I'm not Harry's biggest fan but if he doesn't move soon he could end up the PL record goal scorer but having failed to win anything at all. Although it's difficult to imagine anyone wanting to match the price Levy will demand, unless he'll negotiate with an eye on clearing their massive debts?

Think Levy will price him out of a move. Cruel for what he has given them but Levy probably knows Kane is too professional to down tools. 

Deserves better IMO as i genuinely believe there was a gentlemen's agreement to move 

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, don’t sign a six year deal. You want to protect yourself should injuries occur fine, but it comes at a cost.

Harry can't grumble , massive salary , lovely house , nice family . So no winners medals , he won't be the only great footballer to go without one of those.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Imagine how many masks are gonna be chucked away once inside the stadium. Left on or under seats, thrown at the manager, etc. 

Clean up will get worse for the people that do it. 

Naaa mate you ain’t met Leicester fans. They literally nick any branded freebies from under your seat and throw them on eBay hoping to get some money for them 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Wolves has sold Patricio to Rome for 10 million.  

Good bit of business for a 33 years old. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12355275/wolves-transfer-news-rui-patricio-completes-roma-move-with-olympiakos-jose-sa-heading-to-molineux

What are your thoughts @The Bear

It's decent money for him based on his age and that his contract only has a year left. 

But, Sa will be a small drop off as Patricio is Portugal's No.1 keeper. Sa is about 4th. Hopefully the drop-off isn't too much. He's still supposed to be decent. 

Edited by The Bear

On 13/07/2021 at 18:18, STUHILL said:

Think Levy will price him out of a move. Cruel for what he has given them but Levy probably knows Kane is too professional to down tools. 

Deserves better IMO as i genuinely believe there was a gentlemen's agreement to move 

Who in their right mind deals with Levy on a gentleman's agreement? He should have signed the knew contract but put in a low release clause (maybe throw in a trigger that Spurs had to qualify for the CL). The fact he hasn't been more ambitious with his career is kind of interesting. Poch' was an exciting manager so I'd get the hope he'd take them places. But once he left Kane should have started preparations to dip. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 14:42, Spudulike said:

Bad timing for Kane to leave now. The Europa Conference League is his best chance of winning some silverware to go alongside his Aldi Cup medal.

So... Kane HAS actually won something?