Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

He's already incredibly rich. 

I'd much rather have a World Cup win on my CV than a few extra million quid. 

Being incredibly rich doesn't stop people wanting more money, though.

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

How have Everton been in the Premier League since its creation and spent the money they have whilst having 1 trophy and zero CL campaigns and 2 or 3 EL campaigns? 

They were in Europe under Moyes weren't they? Pretty sure I recall them finishing top 4 once.

It's not just since 1992, it's since forever. Think they've been in the top flight since the mid 50's which is mental really. But since 1990 their return has been so poor for a club with the history they have.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They were in Europe under Moyes weren't they? Pretty sure I recall them finishing top 4 once.

It's not just since 1992, it's since forever. Think they've been in the top flight since the mid 50's which is mental really. But since 1990 their return has been so poor for a club with the history they have.

The finished 4th once and lost in the qualifying for the CL. That season plus a couple more have been there only UEFA Cup/Europa League campaigns.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The finished 4th once and lost in the qualifying for the CL. That season plus a couple more have been there only UEFA Cup/Europa League campaigns.

They managed to get knockout in the Qualifying stages of both competitions I think in the same season !

Martinez and Koeman had one good season then went to pot.

Big Sam wasn’t that bad but they were never going to take to him.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
35 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Martinez been linked with a return …

Would he quit Belgium with a World Cup to come ?

It would be good news for Belgium, they might have a chance of winning it without Martinez in charge. So much talent in the squad and they have under performed in the big tournaments

Guest StevieLynex
35 minutes ago, Koke said:

How have Everton been in the Premier League since its creation and spent the money they have whilst having 1 trophy and zero CL campaigns and 2 or 3 EL campaigns? 

They had one Champions League campaign

45 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's already incredibly rich. 

I'd much rather have a World Cup win on my CV than a few extra million quid. 

Problem is he's not Belgian, so doesn't have the pride of managing his country, and they've not looked like winning anything since he's been the manager. 

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

His two seasons after that were a complete disaster. He would have taken them down eventually I reckon. 

Definitely would have. I always thought Koeman would have got them doing okay - did a great job at Saints, had a good first season with Everton then they spent loads of money and gave him no time.

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm as anti-VAR as anyone but that Leeds disallowed goal is obviously offside.

Absolutely no argument at all. Except, well, it’s VAR innit and we all love a good fuchin argument. Just shows the inconsistency in my opinion, cvnts calling this one right. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He could have literally gone into the goal net/pass the line if he wasn’t moaning about not being pass to and it would have stood 

Granted he was moaning at the cross but he's got his back to the ball. No way is he interfering. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Regardless it hits him before it crosses the line. Offside is offside :dunno:

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It hits him. Therefore he’s interfering. 

I'll agree to disagree but I agreed with Lineker's thought's in that the rule needs a rethink. 

If he was on the line, facing the ball, then I'd think it was offside but for him to be basically stood with his back to goal and the ball to hit I think it's harsh. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'll agree to disagree but I agreed with Lineker's thought's in that the rule needs a rethink. 

If he was on the line, facing the ball, then I'd think it was offside but for him to be basically stood with his back to goal and the ball to hit I think it's harsh. 

I mean this situation is very black and white. It hit him so he's offside. If it hadn't of hit him I don't think they would have give him offside because it made no difference to the keeper or defenders. 

But it hit him. So it wouldn't be Kilch's goal. It would have been rodrigos. If it was against leicester and not given I'd be seething. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

I mean this situation is very black and white. It hit him so he's offside. If it hadn't of hit him I don't think they would have give him offside because it made no difference to the keeper or defenders. 

But it hit him. So it wouldn't be Kilch's goal. It would have been rodrigos. If it was against leicester and not given I'd be seething. 

Agree the it's black and white, it's the law, so it's given. Obviously I know why it's given but just think it's harsh. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree the it's black and white, it's the law, so it's given. Obviously I know why it's given but just think it's harsh. 

Nah. Just don't stand offside moaning :dunno: Maybe harsh on klich but that's his teammates fault. 

Like saying it was harsh to disallow the goal Ronaldo was going to score before Nani headed it on the line for no reason. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Can’t see how you rethink the rule though. If it the ball hits a player, the answer is clear. If we open that up then it becomes subjective and that’s where the laws of the game begin to unravel. 

• Like 1