Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Exactly, as soon as Martinez put his own stamp on things at Everton it turned into a right mess. They finished in the bottom half twice with Lukaku, Baines, Coleman, Barkley, Stones, Jagielka, Barry etc. and that is when the rest of the league was weaker than it is now. 

It's yet another appointment where the manager goes in with bad blood with the fans. Would be incredibly stupid but this is Everton. They should be thankful for how bad the bottom sides are.

Makes you wonder though if Newcastle buy themselves out of trouble and Burnley's games in hand turn into their annual 10 points from 4 games run...

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

yeah they need stability and structure. it's similar to us getting pearson after sven. this moshiri thinks he can just throw money at stuff and it will fix it. 

can't stand dyche but it would be a great appointment for them i think

They'd have likely had it with Allardyce who got them to 8th from a similar position to where they are now but he was hounded out. I mean I'm not somebody to slam a fanbase for wanting a manager out as I've got fed up of the crap aimed at our fans (wrongly) over the years but Everton does feel very much a very poisoned chalice.

That Ancelotti reign doesn't get the stick it deserved. They spent how much? To finish below Leeds.

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They're pushing for Martinez. Wonder if they'd let him come in juggling roles for a while. 

Bad news for England cause Belgium may actually win summit 😆 cant see how this would be good move for either Martinez or Everton. Hiring a manager you sacked before... plus why leave a strong national side going to the world cup to a mid table premier league club.

I would never want Roberto Martinez anywhere near our club. And the fact he's already been sacked by Everton is laugable, how do they think he's a good choice... especially if they get dragged into a relegation battle lol

Edited by Fox92

Everton are a mess but still a hugely attractive club to any manager looking to make a step up to that bracket of clubs I'd put us in alongside West Ham, and perhaps Villa. Them going for Martinez is unbelievably thick. I don't think he's a particularly bad manager as such - but he's had a crack of the whip there and left no notable legacy behind.

Benitez was a daft appointment but the issues were there last season before Ancelotti left a sinking ship, they've not been a decent watch in bloody ages.

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

They'd have likely had it with Allardyce who got them to 8th from a similar position to where they are now but he was hounded out. I mean I'm not somebody to slam a fanbase for wanting a manager out as I've got fed up of the crap aimed at our fans (wrongly) over the years but Everton does feel very much a very poisoned chalice.

That Ancelotti reign doesn't get the stick it deserved. They spent how much? To finish below Leeds.

I don't believe for one second that they would have done any worse in that time had they kept Allardyce. I must admit though, if we ended up appointing someone like Allardyce under normal circumstances I would be disappointed so I can see why they would have wanted shut of him once he had ensured their safety, but the way a lot of their fans talk about him you would think that he did a terrible job when it simply isn't the case. I would however accept us appointing someone like him if the shit really hit the fan. 

Edited by BenTheFox

The thing about Everton since they last won a trophy is that they have absolutely no identity or idea of what they're for, especially since Moyes left.

They've leapt from manager to manager expecting a miracle to occur if they lob some money at it. 

When they nicked Walsh off us I was worried they'd take it seriously and become a force in the league. Instead they've become an absolute farce.

They went and got Ancelotti as a big statement to tell the fans they're really trying but what the **** did they expect when a big job became available?

And then the latest indignity, bringing in one of Liverpool's best ever managers who has put them closer to relegation that they've been for years.

But at least Bramley Dock will look nice won't it?

That's Belgium's chance of winning the world cup increased...

To be fair, I don't mind Martinez. I think he's a reasonable manager, and will certainly improve the way they play in the short term but having been there before he will get little patience (even by Everton fans standards)

Is Martinez as bad as you are all making out? 

think there are some huge over reactions here. 

we will regret letting Praet go to Torino now. Everton would have 100% signed him 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1