Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is Martinez as bad as you are all making out? 

think there are some huge over reactions here. 

we will regret letting Praet go to Torino now. Everton would have 100% signed him 

Had one good season with Everton in 13/14, and although they did okay in cup competitions in the following seasons (still didn't reach any cup finals) their league form was shocking the 2 following seasons and a massive drop off

13/14 - 72 points | 5th

14/15 - 47 points | 11th

15/16 - 47 points | 11th

Arguably wasted Belgiums "golden generation" as well

The thing is every Everton manager will be considered as rubbish by their fans. There has got to be some recognition that there is something structurally wrong with the club and rebuild from scratch. 

At the moment they're just behaving, without the same pulling power, like a shitter version of Manchester United. Hounding out every manager for not achieving what the previous bloke couldn't 

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is Martinez as bad as you are all making out? 

think there are some huge over reactions here. 

we will regret letting Praet go to Torino now. Everton would have 100% signed him 

He finished in the bottom-half twice with an Everton team that had Lukaku, Coleman, Barkley, Baines, Jagielka, Barry, Stones etc. His first season he piggybacked off Moyes's foundations and as soon as he started putting his stamp on the club it started to unravel. He also came out with some ridiculous statements like 'performances are more important than points' and that winning by set pieces is 'parasite football'.

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I guess we cannot complain too much as we cancelled against them first but  COVID won’t just go away and injuries will always happen so this will last all season and get very silly .

There will have to be a stop gap at some point to change the rules .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Burnley going to end up with 6 games in hand...

Told you they'd request it to be postponed, they were never going to willingly risk playing this game with all the players out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Reckon two games could have been squeezed in i.e. vs Burnley and vs Norwich.

Three if they really want to push the boat. I can see some clubs refusing though. Like I say above, Burnley vs Watford could be played on an FA Cup matchday no problem. Ours has to be in the winter break or they are relying on us getting knocked out in the FA Cup or Europe.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Three if they really want to push the boat. I can see some clubs refusing though. Like I say above, Burnley vs Watford could be played on an FA Cup matchday no problem. Ours has to be in the winter break or they are relying on us getting knocked out in the FA Cup or Europe.

Clubs are going to resist it. Look at Moyes complaining about West Ham's match rescheduled for the midweek just gone.

Adding three matches in seven/ eight days at two weeks notice would go down like a lead balloon.  

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Bit unfortunate timing for Burnley having sold their best striker and player being at AFCON.

Does make this look suspicious.

Whereas the original postponement when Watford didn't want to play because they had players out, was all hunky-dory?

36 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Whereas the original postponement when Watford didn't want to play because they had players out, was all hunky-dory?

Well if we go down that line no game should have been called off to ensure no such issues or suspicious crop up .

When you play Leicester for example both will have key players back I guess ?

We can all say this and that situation has changed .

Teams probably have played the game so to speak and been allowed to.

The rules should have been tighter m.

Anyway you’ll still beat us as usual !

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Had one good season with Everton in 13/14, and although they did okay in cup competitions in the following seasons (still didn't reach any cup finals) their league form was shocking the 2 following seasons and a massive drop off

13/14 - 72 points | 5th

14/15 - 47 points | 11th

15/16 - 47 points | 11th

Arguably wasted Belgiums "golden generation" as well

I mean 11th isnt hugely underachieving for a side like Everton. 

Is he an elite manager, no. Are everton an elite club... also no.    I think he would come in, do a steady job... possibly have a really strong burst at first.  

But people are on here talking like theyre bringing in steve bruce or gary megson. 

He's managed to get the best out of lukaku... something Jose and Tuchel havent managed.  Theres an awful lot that goes into international tournaments... way more psychological than regular league football.  I dont think theres ever a guarentee for being a success no matter how talented your team is. Especially when your back line were held together by 2 players from the biggest bottlers in football. 

If you rank their golden generation man for man against ... Spain, France, Brazil, Germany, Portugal, even england lately... They still have genuine issue areas others dont.  Im not here saying he should be our manager or anything like it, its just a huge over reaction on how he's done imo. 

Golden generation with Denayer, benteke, praet, castagne, batshuayi , chadli, boyatta, januzaj :dunno: Hardly golden is it 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, turlo said:

No doubt AFTV will leave all his old videos up so they can continue to rake in the Ad revenue

A fella at my job got arrested and convicted for assaulting a minor so I guess his employers must forfeit all the profit he made for them. Awful logic mate. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Clubs are going to resist it. Look at Moyes complaining about West Ham's match rescheduled for the midweek just gone.

Adding three matches in seven/ eight days at two weeks notice would go down like a lead balloon.  

Whether they like it or not this is what they’ve caused.

Get the **** on with it. Ffs.

It they resist issues points deduction and they forfeit games - they’ll be moaning then.