Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Whether they like it or not this is what they’ve caused.

Get the **** on with it. Ffs.

It they resist issues points deduction and they forfeit games - they’ll be moaning then. 

Unless the league puts out a cast iron mandate, they are powerless and they won’t do that in case of their favourites wants to shirk the mandate. The season is a sh*t show and people (including us) are just gaming it to their short term benefit.

The league will only pay attention once revenues start to look at risk.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

A fella at my job got arrested and convicted for assaulting a minor so I guess his employers must forfeit all the profit he made for them. Awful logic mate. 

Dunno about that mate it’s not an easy compare and I know what turlo is saying here. There’ll be fresh rounds of clicks, comments and likes on videos entitled ‘DT GETS ANGRY!!’. To profit off that all things considered is a bit dodgy

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Whether they like it or not this is what they’ve caused.

Get the **** on with it. Ffs.

It they resist issues points deduction and they forfeit games - they’ll be moaning then. 

Look at Dyche's comments today- "To bring true competitive element to a league you need to put out a team that's competitive. When you get to a point where you can't that needs to be looked at."

This is what you need to get past to "get on with it".

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Look at Dyche's comments today- "To bring true competitive element to a league you need to put out a team that's competitive. When you get to a point where you can't that needs to be looked at."

No, no, the authorities just need to get some backbone.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's too late this season.

Going to have to put up with this until May now.

They've changed the rules mid-season to allow this.

They can change them back, there's no excuse of 'We can't change the rules mid-season'.

I'm sure i've seen you say you thought we'd see less postponements and it'd become tougher and stricter to request come January, no?

Seems to be getting more common and easier to me.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Bit unfortunate timing for Burnley having sold their best striker and player being at AFCON.

Does make this look suspicious.

Burnley are full on taking the proverbial now. Who are all of these players they supposedly have missing? According to the usually reliable PLinjury website that I use they now have only 2 players unavailable, Cornet and Barnes. Really hope the PL makes them play this time and Claudio gets a result there. 

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

They've changed the rules mid-season to allow this.

They can change them back, there's no excuse of 'We can't change the rules mid-season'.

I'm sure i've seen you say you thought we'd see less postponements and it'd become tougher and stricter to request come January, no?

Seems to be getting more common and easier to me.

I thought they'd be less sympathetic and understanding to Covid outbreaks. The issue at the moment is more to do with injuries and international call-ups.

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

So he's saying that he's not competitive until he gets Cornet back from AFCON and signs a replacement for Wood. 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

@Dahnsouff you have to be logged in to check the result, what's it say?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/roberto-martínez-a-simple-yes-or-no.114234/

Forget the poll ... it was a foregone conclusion ...

- Jesus 87% disapproval. even Benitez came here with less opposition

Decent thread though   lol

- With a nice dress and a little bit of lipstick it's probably a yes from me.

- It’s already written. Time is a flat circle.

- He must be clinically insane if he’s considering leaving Belgium to come back here btw

- Only dogs return to their vomit

- Anyway, why are the resident Leicester fans voting for him???

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Has it been confirmed that Burnley are unable to field a full team and that they do actually have a lot of senior players out or are they just taking the piss?

The latter in my view. Dyche says he only had 10 players in training today but there is very little specific information about who is missing, which makes me very suspicious. It's clearly in Burnley's interest to delay playing until they get Cornet back and sign a replacement for Wood. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Well the premier league injuries website that is normally reliable says they are missing only Cornet and Barnes. Not seen who else they are claiming to be out.

He was quoted as saying ten outfield players in training within his (what would have been) per match interview. 

Was listening to a journo today who had chatted to someone at the PL. as I mused yesterday, players who have injuries because clubs say (and can show) they played too much to cover covid absentees count as ‘covid affected players’. 

Given that all clubs had plenty of covid over the past six weeks, anyone with less than 13 fit o/field players will be able to argue their case for a postponement.  The PL have to draw the line at the end of Jan and remove the covid amendments introduced in December. 

only if your training ground is closed by the authorities should you be able to request a cancellation 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Well the premier league injuries website that is normally reliable says they are missing only Cornet and Barnes. Not seen who else they are claiming to be out.

He said Vydra was due to have an op but then he got COVID.