Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Lampard the rabid Tory going to Everton would be hilarious.

On the fixture issue, I think we're likely to give up the Conference League (to be honest, it's debatable whether we should be in it as a token gesture anyway). The League and the FA Cup will take priority.

• Haha 1

I don't get this Big Dunc thingy.  Has he not been assistant for the last 4/5 Managers?  So if he is clear of any responsibility of the past 5 year horror show, wtf has he been doing?  Putting the cones out?  They need a complete clear -out but long may he stay there.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Why are people obsessed with qualifications or experience? 

Pep and Zidane only had reserve team experience before taking the 2 biggest jobs. And they've been very successful. 

I think football management is definitely a case of whether you've either got it or you haven't for ex players. 

Come on, surely you can think of at least one reason why experience is important in management? 

For all the Peps and Zidanes there are far more managers that have done well whilst being inexperienced in a short space of time then quickly become out of their depth. 

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Come on, surely you can think of at least one reason why experience is important in management? 

For all the Peps and Zidanes there are far more managers that have done well whilst being inexperienced in a short space of time then quickly become out of their depth. 

Sure, but it's not a necessity. Plenty of top players have walked in to big jobs and done well. 

Simeone has been managing Atletico for ten years, great player and a coach who uses pragmatism instead of bullshit media fame to get the job done. He could do another ten and retire knowing that he got the very best out of himself and his players.

• Like 1

The big plus Rooney would have for them is it would remove the toxic atmosphere. Suspect the supporters would be well behind him from day one. 

Having said that it would be a massive gamble and I think they'd be better having an interim until the summer.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Shaw is harsh. He was terrific last season. 

All three of those are decent players, however, none are world class and non are the sort of player who is going to win you the league. 
If you want to be where Man United want to be you need far better players.

• Like 2

Duncan Ferguson has been caretaker for a couple of games before IIRC. He did ok from what I remember. They should just give it to him for the rest of the season. They won't though because they'll be terrified of getting dragged into a relegation battle, even though they're essentially 7 points clear of it. 

Edited by The Bear

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Duncan Ferguson has been caretaker for a couple of games before IIRC. He did ok from what I remember. They should just give it to him for the rest of the season. They won't though because they'll be terrified of getting dragged into a relegation battle, even though they're essentially 7 points clear of it. 

he's been under silva, ancelloti, benitez etc no? and still plays limited football according to the everton fan i spoke to today

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Potter is a bloody brilliant manager surprised some don’t rate him highly. 

One of the best organised teams in the league. Lack of individual quality but no doubt they are extremely well drilled. 

• Like 1