Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

In fairness they're top of the league as things stand, so the only thing stopping them winning the league is having to actually play any fixtures.

E6UreZdXIAANnzj?format=jpg&name=large

That's why I like the start of the season. The only way is up. 

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hmm, not convinced that’s what they needed. 

Talented, but in the first year back you need to be prepared for a lot of pressure. This guy has mistakes in him. 

He’d do better in a team like ours, if that’s not obvious. But I mean he’s not used to having relentless pressure, so the step up is going to be a challenge 

Arsenal again sending William Saliba out on loan.  Signed him 2 years ago for big money and I'm pretty sure he's yet to play a first team game for them. Wasn't he rated higher than Fofana by most at the time? Really strange that he can't get a game as they're hardly blessed with amazing defenders 

Edited by foxfanazer

33 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Arsenal again sending William Saliba out on loan.  Signed him 2 years ago for big money and I'm pretty sure he's yet to play a first team game for them. Wasn't he rated higher than Fofana by most at the time? Really strange that he can't get a game as they're hardly blessed with amazing defenders 

Arsenal don't know their arsenal from their elbow when it comes to defenders.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 2

Interesting debate in the Leeds United world. Ezgjan Alioski is joining Galatasaray which seems to have split the fanbase between him being scum of the earth, and just a man trying to maximise his income during his short career, despite his legacy at Leeds.

14 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Interesting debate in the Leeds United world. Ezgjan Alioski is joining Galatasaray which seems to have split the fanbase between him being scum of the earth, and just a man trying to maximise his income during his short career, despite his legacy at Leeds.

It's a hard debate tbh

I’m sure he had no end of suitors so not sure why he’s chosen them, especially given he would have worn a band mourning the deaths. I think I’m with Leeds fans who are condemning it tbh. Can’t be coming out talking about ‘the fans are amazing’ and then do that. 

55 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Not many people who ‘lived through it’ seem too bothered. Alioski has no ties to the era that saw the Istanbul events. 

It’s ‘hipsters’ fishing for likes/retweets and knuckledraggers who want to show that they care more than they actually do. Leeds Utd Twitter is an absolute joke, it’s as bad as any club I’ve seen.

I’m not sure if Leeds have offered him a new contract (if so, is it as good as what he’d get elsewhere?). If they had done, he’d have stayed.

A lot (surprisingly) see the sense that he has to move somewhere after his contract expired, and he’s gone to what suits him. 

The subject has been mentioned for months now and it’s only really Twitter where it’s a thing. Losers replying to/arguing with/cosying up to, other losers, who don’t have the first idea about football. It’s all a grab at confirmation or bait for provocation. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

The subject has been mentioned for months now and it’s only really Twitter where it’s a thing.

This is true. I’m on Twitter but don’t really follow much to do with Leeds. I wasn’t even aware this was going on. Not one of my mates has mentioned it in conversation and I haven’t seen anything in the YEP either.