Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Who would they play at full backs??

Alonso and Azpi. I’m trying to work out what shape they are playing and it’s very odd. Both CBs keeping getting exposed. Both Alonso and Apzi in position of the ball seem really high up. Yet Hudson Odoi is playing as an outright winger and Mount is playing inverted a bit like Barnes is. 

His tactics seem incredibly reliant on the attacking success of his FBs and WBs. Despite a wealth of talent, he’s still using those positions as the point of attack. 

Say what you want about Lukaku but chelsea literally pass up every single opportunity to cross, it must be so frustrating.  They literally work it out wide for someone to cut inside, sometimes twice before passing it back to a deep lying mid. 

Just whip the ball in for him, its not that hard. 

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Chelsea fans are so annoying they have 2 songs.

”Champions of Europe we know what we are” and “Champions of Europe you’ll never sing that” 

Pathetic. 

And Brighton fans aren't remotely bothered, either.

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Alonso and Azpi. I’m trying to work out what shape they are playing and it’s very odd. Both CBs keeping getting exposed. Both Alonso and Apzi in position of the ball seem really high up. Yet Hudson Odoi is playing as an outright winger and Mount is playing inverted a bit like Barnes is. 

His tactics seem incredibly reliant on the attacking success of his FBs and WBs. Despite a wealth of talent, he’s still using those positions as the point of attack. 

No way can he play those two at FB - azpi isn’t mobile enough now and alonso can’t be trusted defensively in a four. 

I think they’ve gone to 4 atb with those two at FB and brighton are all over them - imagine if lamptey was up against alonso in a four ?

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

No way can he play those two at FB - azpi isn’t mobile enough now and alonso can’t be trusted defensively in a four. 

That’s kind of my point. He expects James and Chilwell esque performance out of them. Doesn’t have an alternative tactic to change that 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s kind of my point. He expects James and Chilwell esque performance out of them. Doesn’t have an alternative tactic to change that 

It’s a surprise that they don’t have one quality player who can cover one of the sides when the first choice pair are  out.  They’ve spent fortunes in other areas of the pitch ….

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Find that really interesting- two attackers coming on as one down

score the equaliser and dont alter the subs 

if they concede a Chelsea winner because they’re short in midfield then ………

Trossard was brilliant and Maupay shite. Thought they’d have won it if Welbeck was still on being fed those balls in.

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Chelsea fans are so annoying they have 2 songs.

”Champions of Europe we know what we are” and “Champions of Europe you’ll never sing that” 

Pathetic. 

I was not impressed with them at our place earlier in the season. Usually good but all they sing is those songs you mention.

Nobody is even bothered either. A club who hadn't won the league in 50 years before money was thrown at them.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

They were awful tonight. Looks like the players want Tuchel out 

Everytime I have seen them recently I haven't been impressed. Probably aside from that Liverpool game where they come back from 2 down.