Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

As pointed out by Shearer I did find it odd  how the Chelsea players reacted when Ziyech scored . 

Very weird. I think they were feeding off him not caring about scoring. 

Theres more reaction when someone scores in a 5-a-side 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Who's this Brighton CB Cucurella, great performance...what a player. They only bought him last year, probably the same time we bought Vestergaard!

Their whole back four was immense tonight. Hair bear lumptey webbo and lurch. An unlikely bunch but wouldn’t mind having any of them here at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Lukaku is miles clear of Kelechi or Daka

His numbers would back your stance. 

But at United he was a failure and again in the prem he's struggling at Chelsea. Current form I would rather have Kel or Daka starting for us over him.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Lukaku is miles clear of Kelechi or Daka

Lukaku is such a strange player. He scores goals wherever he's been but his touch and all round play is just shit. I can't believe Chelsea paid 100m for him (or whatever it was). From this league I'd prefer Kane, even if he cost more, not that he'd move from Spurs to Chelsea.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nod.E said:

His numbers would back your stance. 

But at United he was a failure and again in the prem he's struggling at Chelsea. Current form I would rather have Kel or Daka starting for us over him.

On Current form yes agreed. His career has been pretty phenomenal though, doubt Daka and Kel will get near his overall success and standings. 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Also very overrated and never really done it in the PL. I’m surprised 100m was spent knowing full well he isn’t all that good. 

Funny how a few games in an out of form team that don’t play to your strengths and suddenly he isn’t all that good. 

His numbers are a joke mate

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Funny how a few games in an out of form team that don’t play to your strengths and suddenly he isn’t all that good. 

His numbers are a joke mate

Agreed, if you set the team up right, Lukaku would be top of the scoring charts every season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Lukaku is such a strange player. He scores goals wherever he's been but his touch and all round play is just shit. I can't believe Chelsea paid 100m for him (or whatever it was). From this league I'd prefer Kane, even if he cost more, not that he'd move from Spurs to Chelsea.

He had a couple of years at Everton where he was pretty much unplayable. He was big but still lean. So he could move well whilst still outmuscling the defender, or beating them in the air. I know he had some dietary issues towards the end of his time at Man Utd, which was sorted at Inter. He put weight on in fat. Now he appears to have bulked up muscle wise, and I think that effects his sharpness and movement. He's still stronger than most other players but he can't run as quickly, he can't react to a lose ball as quickly. He needs to get back to the shape he was at Everton.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Lukaku needs a team building around him nowadays. Stick him in a system where he needs to work his ass off up front and he's rubbish. 

Is any poacher worth £100m though? I want more from a striker than someone to pick up scraps and convert crosses from in and around the 6 yard box.

18 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

You could say the same about Vardy really... 

lol he is not worth 100m and he is very overrated, that is a fair opinion on Lukaku… who has failed to impress everytime I have seen him in the Prem. Usually starts well at a club but goes backwards.

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Also very overrated and never really done it in the PL. I’m surprised 100m was spent knowing full well he isn’t all that good. 

118 goals in the premier league. Doubtful that Iheanacho will ever reach those figures.

• Haha 1