Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Iheanacho doesn't start every game. He wasn't bought for 100m either.

I know, but the debate was not about who was the best value for money it was about who is the better player. Lukaku is the better player as his numbers prove.

Edited by howie

1 minute ago, howie said:

I know, but the debate was not about who was the best value for money it was about who is the better player. Lukaku is the better player as his numbers prove.

It’s not comparable, they are 2 different players playing different roles.

Iheanacho’s nearly 5 years younger. Why is it even being compared?

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He has had many rough patches in the Prem over the years then… 

Mate his scoring record in prem is pretty much a goal every 2 games. He’s not Henry/shearer/aguero level but he’s a very very good striker with a very good record. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Mate his scoring record in prem is pretty much a goal every 2 games. He’s not Henry/shearer/aguero level but he’s a very very good striker with a very good record. 

My point is 100m …I would expect shearer, Henry and Aguero level 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Is any poacher worth £100m though? I want more from a striker than someone to pick up scraps and convert crosses from in and around the 6 yard box.

He’s hardly a poacher. How many times over the years have we seen him pick the ball up deep, drive at the defender and score? 

You got to be on the windup mate, Lukaku is a top striker.

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

My point is 100m …I would expect shearer, Henry and Aguero level 

Today’s market is a bit mad though. I’m not saying he’s elite elite. I’m saying you’ve made some silly comments and now don’t seem to be able to back down. Nowt wrong with being wrong me duck. I’m wrong all the time. But I always try to admit when I am rather than double down and move the goalposts. 

Edit: I went too far here. You’re alright. I reacted when I shouldn’t have sorry. You did say he wasn’t worth 100m from the start and haven’t slated him as much as I thought you had. I was wrong. You’re definitely not quite giving him the credit he’s due but apologies for calling your comments silly. I have adhd and sometimes react before I think. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Today’s market is a bit mad though. I’m not saying he’s elite elite. I’m saying you’ve made some silly comments and now don’t seem to be able to back down. Nowt wrong with being wrong me duck. I’m wrong all the time. But I always try to admit when I am rather than double down and move the goalposts. 

Edit: I went too far here. You’re alright. I reacted when I shouldn’t have sorry. You did say he wasn’t worth 100m from the start and haven’t slated him as much as I thought you had. I was wrong. You’re definitely not quite giving him the credit he’s due but apologies for calling your comments silly. I have adhd and sometimes react before I think. 

I felt he isn’t worth 100m and is overrated, basically not that good in terms of the price. Now would I be happy if he was a leicester player on a decent wage ,100%. There are better around that can be bought for less

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Been a long time coming but since when has common sense followed when it comes to suits and pen pushers.

Perhaps damaging the 'brand' has done something to create a shift.

Let's see how stringent they are first I guess.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

1779462212_Screenshot_20220119-153013_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.87179d8026e1246f65bb38e93c4aa773.jpg

Perfect. I really feel no clubs can be criticized when it is the rules that have allowed it.  (Except for Liverpool, faking test results is utterly shameful) 

Should our game have gone ahead? Absolutely, but I understand the situation fully and it would have been near negligent if we hadnt requested it. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Been a long time coming but since when has common sense followed when it comes to suits and pen pushers.

Perhaps damaging the 'brand' has done something to create a shift.

Let's see how stringent they are first I guess.

They haven't got space for any more postponements and rearrangements.

5 minutes ago, tcrofts said:

The FA has confirmed it is investigating a yellow card received by an Arsenal player in a Premier League fixture this season, concerning suspicious betting patterns

More to follow

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12520116/fa-investigating-yellow-card-shown-to-arsenal-player-over-suspicious-betting-patterns

Who was the ref?

14 minutes ago, tcrofts said:

The FA has confirmed it is investigating a yellow card received by an Arsenal player in a Premier League fixture this season, concerning suspicious betting patterns

More to follow

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12520116/fa-investigating-yellow-card-shown-to-arsenal-player-over-suspicious-betting-patterns

who is in question the player or the ref?

I would be looking into all those penos the big teams get over a yellow card but hey ho might be the start of something.

5 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Not sure what you mean, 100m is still an eye watering amount of money very very few players have moved for more 

Absolutely. 

But in their absolute prime they’d be going for a hell of a lot more in todays market. Shearer went for £15m….. Lukaku wouldn’t have gone for that much back then.