Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

If you think Claudio was "lucky", then so was LCFC from the owners down.

The fact is that to win the EPL you need more than just luck.

At the end of the day we were the best team in the league that season and that is an undeniable fact, lest we 

Of course we were the best team in the league that season, where did I say otherwise?

Ranieri himself has admitted he barely touched the team or got involved with the training/tactics that season...he was brilliant with the media no doubt but when it came to finally putting his stamp on the team it failed miserably, and it continues to do so wherever he goes

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Unless he drops to the championship?

You think?  Surely he's got enough money to swerve dropping into that grind at his age.

He's never managed there, and his recent reputation is probably even lower than it was when we hired him ....

27 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know I'm going to get pelted for this but how lucky was Claudio to get that season with us, seriously? 

We all know what happened when he tried to put his own stamp on things....lovely, lovely guy but football has moved on

You might get pelters but you're spot on.

He was the right man at the right time. His talent was keeping momentum going and using his experience to keep the pressure off. He's a good man manager. 

But woeful in all other aspects. He's failing at Watford, like he has failed in all his jobs since leaving us and a good few beforehand too. 

So yes he was lucky to inherit the house that Pearson built.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Claudio was able to build on the good momentum from the previous season, he knew little needed to be changed it was case of reminding the players how good they were and allow them to enjoy their football. The exits of both Kante and director of football Steve Walsh was a major blow to Claudio it meant he had to change things in the second season and just couldn't find and get that momentum back.

For Claudio to be a success he needs to be at a club where there's already good players and setup. I don't think Ranieri has the skills anymore to build a team from scratch.  

Could do well here...🙂

I agree though, not a manager for a relegation scrap. 

Well once again we collapsed defending wise .

Totally hopeless.

Even if did score we’d get nothing most games as we give too much away .

A lot of players coming and going (and managers ) is always likely to catch up with you .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Of course we were the best team in the league that season, where did I say otherwise?

Ranieri himself has admitted he barely touched the team or got involved with the training/tactics that season...he was brilliant with the media no doubt but when it came to finally putting his stamp on the team it failed miserably, and it continues to do so wherever he goes

I don't think that true. We finished under Big Nige playing 352, while Claudio switched to 4411 with a narrow back 4, going to a tight back 8 when under threat.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I don't think that true. We finished under Big Nige playing 352, while Claudio switched to 4411 with a narrow back 4, going to a tight back 8 when under threat.

This. And Claudio never said he didn’t make any changes (the ones he made were pretty obvious and effective during his first season). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know I'm going to get pelted for this but how lucky was Claudio to get that season with us, seriously? 

We all know what happened when he tried to put his own stamp on things....lovely, lovely guy but football has moved on

I'm pretty sure Pearson managed the team that season too using semaphore from by old John on bradgate park

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Ranieri's record in his his last 50-odd games across us, Fulham and Watford must be terribly bad.

He has definitely achieved the success he has due to his charm, charisma etc.

His lack of tactical ability etc in arranging teams has clearly shown whilst at Watford.

He knows he's more than likely to get the sack.